It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Adenoids/ grommet tubes/ sinus flush

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-18-2005, 10:17 PM   #1
    BethyB
    (female)

BethyB HB User
    Adenoids/ grommet tubes/ sinus flush

My daughter - 4 years - having suffered a series of ear infections, continuous runny nose paed has finally decided to insert grommet tubes, flush out her sinus and remove her adenoids for easier breathing.

Is there anyone who has similar experiences and can either explain procedure or lenght of recovery and discomfort or pain she is likely to experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
    rowboat
    (female)

rowboat HB User
    Re: Adenoids/ grommet tubes/ sinus flush

My daughter had most of this done when she was 2. She did not have a sinus flush, but she also had her tonsils out. She too suffered from constant runny noses and ear infections. she also ended up with pneumonia a couple of times. And she had developmental issues. We found out she had sleep apnea. She's fine now (she's 4)

The hardest part of the surgery is going to be for you. The tubes only take about 10 minutes. They make a cut in the eardrum, drain out any fluid and then insert the tubes. (My little one is on her third set) The adnoids will take a little longer, and I don't know about the sinus flush. When she comes out of the anesthesia, she will not be happy. That will be tough for you, too. She will probably cry for quite a while. But these little ones, they recover fast!

My Angie was up playing in the hallway of the hospital the next day. (we had to stay overnight because she was so little). We almost had to go back to the hospital just because I coulnd't get her to drink anything. She would eat, but not drink...didn't make much sense! So I finally made her chicken noodle soup and gave her a straw! She loved it. After that, she was fine.

I'm sure your daughter will recover quickly. I hope you do as well! I know for me, it was tough. We never like to see our babies hurting. Just give her lots of TLC and you will both be fine.

Good luck and let us know how she does!

Becky

Old 04-21-2005, 07:08 PM   #3
    whiteluluflower
    Veteran
    (female)

whiteluluflower HB User

i had ear infections and tonsilitis once a month from birth to age 4/5, and age 4/5, i got my tonsils out.. no more ear infetions or tonsilitis... (well.. exceot for hte very odd ear infection),

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:39 PM   #4
    BethyB
    (female)

BethyB HB User

To Row Boat and whiteluluflower, thanks very much for your message and putting my mind to rest. I think this process will probably be tougher on me than on her. Great to read that your daughter was playing the following afternoon in the hospital corridor. They have said a night stay but I wondered how sore she would be. The straw trick sounds a great idea too.

Thanks both
    Beth

Old 05-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #5
    BethyB
    (female)

BethyB HB User

Operation was a great success. She had a sickness reaction to the anasthetic which was very unpleasant once the cleared she was right as rain. Discharched the next day and has bundles of energy.
    Her ear is weeping a fair bit but the dr says this is good as it's draining outwards
    Thanks for your words of support
    Beth

Closed Thread