It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• could all this be sinus related?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #1
    Rorie
    (female)

Rorie HB User
    could all this be sinus related?

Hello...Just looking for some advice. I have had a constant post-nasal drip on the right side for two years...it started right after I had a baby. Anyway, my doctor talks about my sinuses being my problem a lot. Over the past two years I get chronic sore throats from the drainage and ear aches.

Now something new is happening, and my doctor is chalking it up to sinuses too, but I'm a little concerned. About 2 weeks ago, I had sharp stabbing pains in the top right of my head. Otherwise, I felt ok. This happened for a couple days, then I developed tender spots on the right side of my head and also the lower right backside of my head. It even hurts to lay the right side of my head on the pillow.

Then I just started getting this woozy feeling on the right side of my head sometimes to the point of feeling like I had to lay down. I also get some strange ringing in my right ear occasionally for a few seconds. I have a lot of pressure on my right eye and forehead and by my right ear.

I'm concerned about it being something really serious...like it could possibly develop into an emergency situation...but my doctor just says its sinus related. What do you think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2005, 05:00 PM   #2
    frustrated35
    Inactive
    (female)

frustrated35 HB User
    Re: could all this be sinus related?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rorie
    Hello...Just looking for some advice. I have had a constant post-nasal drip on the right side for two years...it started right after I had a baby. Anyway, my doctor talks about my sinuses being my problem a lot. Over the past two years I get chronic sore throats from the drainage and ear aches.

Now something new is happening, and my doctor is chalking it up to sinuses too, but I'm a little concerned. About 2 weeks ago, I had sharp stabbing pains in the top right of my head. Otherwise, I felt ok. This happened for a couple days, then I developed tender spots on the right side of my head and also the lower right backside of my head. It even hurts to lay the right side of my head on the pillow.

Then I just started getting this woozy feeling on the right side of my head sometimes to the point of feeling like I had to lay down. I also get some strange ringing in my right ear occasionally for a few seconds. I have a lot of pressure on my right eye and forehead and by my right ear.

I'm concerned about it being something really serious...like it could possibly develop into an emergency situation...but my doctor just says its sinus related. What do you think?
    It sounds like sinus problems, but I'm not an expert, just an allergy sufferer. I can tell you that if I am extremely stopped up I will have sharp pains around the eye socket area, bad headaches, ears clogged so bad that I become dizzy. It's called Vertigo. If I have too much drainage I will get sore throats and sometimes leads to strept, but most of this is all allergy related.

You said this has been going on for a while, but did you doc give you anything? There are scripts out there that will help. I've tried everything over the counter, don't waste your money. It didn't help me. About 10 years ago my ENT had me get a CAT scan and it prooved that my sinus paths were clogged and I had a deviated septum. All that was fixed through surgery and I feel much better today. But still get the occasional sinus infection, but at least things are draining better. Talk to your doc and maybe visit an ENT. Good luck!

Old 05-02-2005, 07:11 AM   #3
    trucky
    (female)

trucky HB User

Same story here too. I need your advice: I had sinus infection a month ago for 2 weeks--amoxycillin, in bed 10 days, even while working. I am back at work--can only go a half day before I get weak. When I wake up I have drainage in my chest (clear), and when I blow my nose, or cough, or talk for a while, I get dizzy and weak. Later in the day it's better, but I need energy! When I take Cklatritin non drowsy I fall asleep. Singulair works OK, as does Mucinex, but I'm a drowsy, liteheaded mess all day every day for a month and no improvement. I also take Zoloft --dunno if it influences any of these other symptoms. I need some help!

Old 05-02-2005, 07:16 AM   #4
    sheltrpn
    (female)

sheltrpn HB User

Zoloft will make you sleepy

Old 05-02-2005, 07:27 AM   #5
    Rorie
    (female)

Rorie HB User

Thanks for your replies. Does sinus trouble cause blurry vision also? I am having trouble with my vision. I wish my doctor would check to make sure there isn't anything else more serious going on.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:19 AM   #6
    nonesuch23
    (female)

nonesuch23 HB User

I have been told by my ent that sinus does cause some vision issues(I have white spots flash before my eyes at various times-worse when I wake up in the morning. Been having them along with other sinus/allergy issues for 9 weeks now, and it is frustrating. Have you been to an ent or allergist? The gp I had was quite clueless to my issues, this along with ear problems(popping, cracking, pressure, dizziness). I have been taking sinugulair/ allegra. It helps a bit, but I had a pretty bad dizzy spell last night, so I am not so sure. But I am glad I switched doctors as my gp kept telling me, just take sudafed or mucinex and it will go away. Both of those did not work at all.
    Good luck.

Closed Thread