It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Finally, a solution to sinus problems!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #1
    jv_2004
    (male)

jv_2004 HB User
    Talking Finally, a solution to sinus problems!!!

Hi all, I would like to share with all of you my solution to sinus problems and allergies in general that I happen to stumble across. As I read through all the post that you guys are writing about on sinus problems and the effects that it impacts on your life, I can understand because it affects me the same. I have been religously finding out what can help with my sinus problems that includes block nose, dry nose (the worst of all symptoms), headaches, brain fog, voice seems to be always congested (before I used to have apowerful voice, and this have affected my confidence), and nocturnal coughs. Now that I have been using this technique, I can confidently say that it has helped me with the sinus problems. It is not a quick solution like everything else, but expect to see improvement in all aspects of your life that have been affected by sinus problems in 2-3 days time. Other techniques are good like the nasal irrigation up side down but is quite slow to see improvement and sometimes you feel **** for a few days w/o improvements.
    Now that I have given you what problems I have, I will now tell you the secret. The secret lies in our unawareness that we are in fact dehydrated (majority of us) and that we don't realise this until we have the urge to drink by which time we are too dehydrated. In normal individuals it is recommended that people drink 3.5 L per day. But because we have allergies this needs to be increase to 5 L per day. Try to drink around 6-7 L per day when you start to really relieve the sinus problems quicker and then go down to 5 L. Also, in winter times when the air is dryer, drink 6 L per day regularly. In addition, if you have hyperhidrosis (sweaty palms and feet) like me, you will need to drink around 6-7 L per day. This will relieve sinus pressure and help to moist the mucous lining of the nose. The answer lies in that you have to drink 5 L per day everyday. Please post your results so people can see what happens when you try this. Any water will do, but I use filtered water from the tap. No need for medications, or fancy devices, simply drink more water!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to jv_2004:
    gijo (11-12-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to jv_2004 For This Useful Post:
    gijo (11-12-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2005, 05:51 PM   #2
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User
    Re: Finally, a solution to sinus problems!!!

I drink massive amounts of water, 2+ L /day and when I was an active dancer, I drank even more, and frankly while it is very good for you and it does help it is by no means a cure-all.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:38 PM   #3
    Halls
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Halls HB User

I drink lots and lots of water, and it does nothing for my sinuses.

Old 05-10-2005, 07:14 AM   #4
    jv_2004
    (male)

jv_2004 HB User

Thanks for you comments guys. I never said this technique will have an immediate effect, it will take time for your sinuses to heal from being dried and crack plus infected. I do feel that when I breathe my nasal mucosal feels cool not the dry sticky and uncomfortable feeling like before. I also find that the position in which you sleep might also affect your sinuses. I am now sleeping on my back with my head facing the ceiling, not leaning on the sides. This helps with the flow and air entering the sinuses. But keep drinking guys cause this the only way out for us allergy and sinus sufferers!!!

Old 05-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #5
    jg365

jg365 HB User
    Talking Re: Finally, a solution to sinus problems!!!

For the dryness, which I have found to be most of my problem, I have started using something called Ayr Saline Nasal Gel. While they also have a spray product, I have found that the gel works much better because it sticks around for a while. It is also less expensive. This is an OTC product but is sometimes difficult to find.

Old 05-10-2005, 02:21 PM   #6
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User

Yes that nasal gel is great. You can also add a little glycerine to your nasal irrigator. Just make sure it is food-grade and not cosmetic grade.

Closed Thread