It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus drainage

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-11-2003, 09:26 AM   #1
    Marance

Marance HB User
    Unhappy Sinus drainage

I am a 32 yr old woman and feel as if I am 100. I have terrible sinus discomfort with a CAT scan done recently that showed my sinuses were clear. I have chest congestion in the morning that causes me to clear my throat and cough for about an hour. I have been concerned about the early onset of COPD for I used to smoke, but don't any longer. My doctors did breathing test and what not but found nothing. The doctors seem to think that my sinuses drain into my chest when I am sleeping causing me to cough it up in the morning and even making me feel short of breath due to the excess phlegm. I don't know what to think because no matter what I do the cough is still there. I also cough alot after I eat and clear my throat cause somehow when I eat it loosens the junk up and makes me need to cough it up or clear it. I am unsure what is going on. Has anyone had anything similar???

The following user gives a hug of support to Marance:
    primavera777 (11-27-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2003, 01:43 PM   #2
    FlowerFairy

FlowerFairy HB User
    Hi Marance,
    I have the same problem with the drainage as you do. I quit smoking 3/17/02 and I must admit that I don't have colds,sinus infections and bronchitis like I used to,however it seems like come spring till late summer or after it rains when the mold spore count goes up, I choke to death on drainage. I use Flonase which helps sometimes and I used to take Claritin D to dry it up,which will certainly take care of it, untill they put me on blood pressure medicine,so my doc told me not to take it and I ask him if I could just take 1/2 or 1/3 of one maybe once a week, when the drainage becomes a problem and he told me I could and that seems to be enough to help. I wish I could be of more help,maybe someone can add to this. Good luck!

Old 08-07-2003, 11:19 PM   #3
    orion
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Have you had your thyroid TSH levels checked? Low thyroid can be related to low level infections.

Have you tried flushing your sinus with a mixture of salt and distilled water? Do this every night, sniffing in the mixture into each nostral and breathing it in far enough so it goes down your throat. Blow your nose and repeat. That can really clear up the phlem and drive out bacteria and fungus that accumulate in your nose. After a few weeks, stop and see what happens.

Closed Thread