It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Infection? / Sore Throat

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-12-2005, 06:29 AM   #1
    elmer123

elmer123 HB User
    Sinus Infection? / Sore Throat

3 days ago before i went to sleep i noticed a cough developing and tingling in my throat. I woke up the next morning to a terrible sore throat. I assumed it was a sinus infection and managed to get through the day. I took some nyquil to get to sleep and help coat my throat. I wokeup the next day and the sore throat seemed a lot better than the first day, but still sore. Also I noticed at the beginning of this day my phlegm started to turn green and even a dark red later that day! The color was real dark So im assuming it was blood although I dont recall tasting blood in my mouth and sometimes when i throw up from brushing my teeth I start spitting up SMALLER amounts of blood after and recall tasting it coming up.

Is the red color caused by infection or is it definitely blood and should I be concerned? Im assuming the sore throat will be gone in 2-3 more days if i let it run its course.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 10:08 PM   #2
    Midget
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Midget HB User
    Re: Sinus Infection? / Sore Throat

At this point you should not be worried...my doctor says to let things run their course, for 10 to 14 days...not many will give you antibiotics until then.

Closed Thread