It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus problems?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-25-2005, 11:08 PM   #1
    jesska
    (female)

jesska HB User
    Question Sinus problems?

I always have a sinus headache, and sinus problems. I was just wondering if anyone else does, and if you think this is could be caused by anxiety. It seems like every other problem I have is caused by my anxiety, and I'm just trying to figure out if it's that it, or if I actually have something wrong with my sinuses. An infection maybe? I don't know.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-26-2005 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Removed part of signature. Posting e-mail addresses ( even in you signature ) violates the board rules. Thanks, ms_mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Sinus problems?

I dont think theres a connection a nettipot can be used to wash out the sinuses with warm salt water, many find this useful

Old 06-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
    sberton
    (female)

sberton HB User

Funny that you should post this, I think that one of the reasons I always have anxiety problems in the spring is because of my allergies. I have terrible sinus congestion that causes headaches, dizziness, and post nasal drip that causes a gunky throat, I clear my throat constantly and have trouble clearing it and it makes me feel lilke I'm not breathing that well. I often wake up with sore throats, ear aches and just an all over blah feeling. I really am starting to believe that after a while of just not feeling well, I lose it. Unfortunately I have trouble taking medications for this, as they cause insomnia and more anxiety.
    I think that I have read somewhere that histamines can cause your body to produce different chemicals, maybe messing up the natural balance of things in the brain. I haven't really investigated it, but am very curious, as this happens to me every year starting in March.

Old 06-26-2005, 09:41 PM   #4
    phobic
    (female)

phobic HB User

I think i can recommend another site withen these boards??? Because i too have sinus problems, or inner ear problems and anxiety disorder/ocd etc.... when i read in the "inner ear disorder" in these health boards i was amazed. Read under the "dizzy" parts. I was surprized that anxiety sufferers and inner ear disorder sufferers have very similar symptoms...So, go to the top of this page and whre it sais "HealthBoards" click on that and then look under inner ear disorder....hope that helps...

Old 06-27-2005, 07:15 AM   #5
    Comptons
    Veteran

Comptons HB User

I have sinus issues as well - which leads to more anxiety. I use a nasal spray for sinus pressure and it seems to help with the headaches.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:23 AM   #6
    moniqu1
    (female)

moniqu1 HB User

Jesska, I have horrible sinuses also, and I think the anxiety just intensifies it (just like it does everything else). My anxiety is always worse in the spring/summer also...and I think it is because of my allergies/sinus problems. I don't think anxiety causes the problems however, but it definitely makes you dwell on it more, get frustrated, etc. Anytime you're not feeling up to par, it can make anxiety worsen. Take care.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:03 PM   #7
    Comptons
    Veteran

Comptons HB User
    Angry Re: Sinus problems?

I agree with moniq - the anxiety just heightens every little ache, pain, stuffy nose, etc. and blows it way out of proportion.

Closed Thread