It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Life of a sinus infection

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
    Alex8
    Inactive

Alex8 HB User
    Life of a sinus infection

I'm finishing up my first week of amoxicillin and have two more weeks to go. I'm also doing nasal washes and using a steriod spray. I have terrible odor up my nose and from my throat which I assume has to do with my infection.

After a week, why does the odor seem worse? Is the infection getting worse? Is it getting pushed with the washes? Or has my sense of smell awoken?

Is this the 'normal' path that sinus infections take?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #2
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User
    Re: Life of a sinus infection

The sinus are finally draining, so as the infection drains, you notice the odor more. My allergist used to always tell it it will seem to get worse before it gets better when you are being treated for a sinus infection. You're getting better. Keep doing what you're doing!

Old 09-27-2005, 05:54 PM   #3
    Alex8
    Inactive

Alex8 HB User

I guess I'm a little skeptical with the amoxicillin. Guess, I'm going to wait till the CT scan to really know. Thanks.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:32 PM   #4
    KIDINSANITY
    (female)

KIDINSANITY HB User

If you are like I was and get frequent or constant sinus infections, ask your doctor about nebulized antibiotics/steroids. I have to say that, other than the 4 surgeries that I have had within the past 3years, the nebulized medicine has helped tremendously. I can't mention the website, but do a search on nebulized antibiotics. I've also written some other threads on this. I actually have my first sinus infection in 2 years. I was one that had a constant infection that just went dormant after the antibiotics, then came right back.

Closed Thread