It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus infection, relief, flying

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-01-2005, 01:09 AM   #1
    bigmouth
    (male)

bigmouth HB User
    Sinus infection, relief, flying

I came down with a cold last week, and have the last few days most probably developed a sinus infection. I called my doctors office today, who said it probably was an infection, but they couldn't let me in before tomorrow morning.

Thing is my nose isn't stuffed, I can breathe easily through both nostrils. The pain is located under my eye, over my jaw, so it looks as it's only one of the maxillary sinuses are infected.

I've tried to drip decongestants into the nose and tilt over so that it runs into the affected sinus, but I can't tell if it's got any effect. I've also tried to irrigate with salt water, using the same method trying to get the water into that sinus.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can relieve the pain in the "cheek" sinuses, and does anyone know if there is any point to try to irrigate it to draw the infection out? Is it the mucus that's in there that's gone "infected", or is it the tissue itself?

Also, has anyone got experience of flying with a located sinus infection? Mind I am not stuffed anywhere else but the affected sinus. It's a short flight, an hour long.

I appreciate any input, thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #2
    Midget
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Midget HB User
    Re: Sinus infection, relief, flying

I think it's just the mucos that is infected, not the tissue itself. Have you been taking any decongestants? Make sure to drink plenty of fluids to keep your mucos thin, the steam from hot tea, or a hot shower might help to loosen up the mocus. Sinus infections suck. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck!

Old 11-02-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
    MandyPandy
    (female)

MandyPandy HB User
    Re: Sinus infection, relief, flying

i guess it is possible to have a sinus infection but i have never had one without stuffiness. Many times though the conjestion will not allow it to drain etc. Have you tried a deconjestant even though you are not stuffy...this might help to loosen it up and get it out. Hopefully your doc can get you in tomorrow so you will get some answers. I have never had any problems with flying and being ill (in any way).

Take care,
    Amanda

Closed Thread