It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• New non-invasive surgery/ Who else gets psychological effects from their sinusitis?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2005, 04:58 AM   #1
    RobertaG
    (female)

RobertaG HB User
    New non-invasive surgery/ Who else gets psychological effects from their sinusitis?

Hi,

I read a lot of threads and it is really sad that there are so many of us suffering out there and it would be great if there were better treatments out there. Someone told me that Australia is just trialling a new non-invasive surgery called Balloon Sinoplasty. If anyone is interested in following it, the link is [url]http://www.alfred.org.au/articles/news/20051214101227_408.html[/url]

I've had chronic sinusitis for around 17 years and have noticed that I get psychological symptoms associated with it too and would be interested to know if anyone else gets these. I've seen it mentioned in studies about children and sinusitis, but haven't really seen anything about adults.

I'm often battling allergies and their symptoms, and sometimes don't realise that my sinuses have actually become infected. At these times it's like a slow descent into depression and I often forget what it feels like to be 'normal'. I find that I'm unable to cope with 'life's little upsets' and become melancholic. Life just seems too hard and I just don't have the ability to deal with it. I can spend a month thinking I'm a complete loser and crying nearly everyday because I just can't cope as well as having a negative slant on my past, present and future. Things that might tick me off or aren't working perfectly are blown right out of proportion.

The thing that makes me realise that it's actually an effect of the sinusitis is that when I do get antibiotics, the change in my mood in days is phenomenal. It's like my head stops being cloudy, the fog lifts and I'm back being able to deal with life normally (and being a little embarrassed for my behaviour the past weeks).

Please let me know if anyone else gets these psychological or emotional symptoms from their sinuses. It's something no one seems to mention, but I wish I'd asked years ago rather than spending so much time being so hard on myself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread