It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Can this be a sinus infection need ADVICE please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
    Can this be a sinus infection need ADVICE please

I am not sure what is wrong with me I have bad acid issues (LPR)that have affected my sinuses I have sinus pressure/ear pain and a mucus smell in my mouth and also feel liek there is mucus in my throat but i cant take it out, i took a claritin D and it didnt help much, what else can i take for this, the feeling is so uncomfortable, also when I drink anything I feel a popping noise in my ears, also when I drink anything i sometimes feel a starnge feeling on the side of my nose as if something is opening up? can this be an infection, I have taken amoxaillin so many times that i think it no longer cures my sinus infections, by the way i have no discharge other than sometimes ome balls of clear mucus come out when i spit.. i feel a congestion in my throat but my nose seems clear most of the time, but i do have the pain in sinus area any advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #2
    chigs489
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chigs489 HB User
    Re: Can this be a sinus infection need ADVICE please

yes, it could be. But sinus pressure and PND is also characteristic of allergy.

Go see an ENT and have him or her do an endoscopy to see what is going on there.

Amoxicillian won't do anything for a sinus infection, especially in an adult. It has something like a 4% success rate. Antibiotics in general have a success rate of under 40% in treating sinus infections, since the sinus cavities are hollow bones in our face, with virtually no blood flow. Irrigation works much better, and if that doesn't work nebulized antibiotics can be used to reach the infection directly, bypassing the blood stream.

Closed Thread