It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus infection-how long??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #1
    LeeAnn1365
    (female)

LeeAnn1365 HB User
    Sinus infection-how long??

I was diagnosed with a sinus infection a week ago. I was given Bactrim and QD ALL. Went back 2 days ago and got an antibiotic and steriod shot. I still am not feeling good. My head hurts every day, all the way from the front to the back on both sides and the dizziness is driving me crazy! Is this normal?? How long does this mess last? I am supposed to be having surgery on January 31st, will I be well by then? I'm beginning to wonder!! Should I go back to the doctor for a third time if I am no better by Monday or Tuesday today being Friday??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #2
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User
    Re: Sinus infection-how long??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeeAnn1365
    I was diagnosed with a sinus infection a week ago. I was given Bactrim and QD ALL. Went back 2 days ago and got an antibiotic and steriod shot. I still am not feeling good. My head hurts every day, all the way from the front to the back on both sides and the dizziness is driving me crazy! Is this normal?? How long does this mess last? I am supposed to be having surgery on January 31st, will I be well by then? I'm beginning to wonder!! Should I go back to the doctor for a third time if I am no better by Monday or Tuesday today being Friday??

Sinus infections are often difficult to treat and can linger for quite a while. What antibiotic did you get this time?

Ideally, you should start feeling better this weekend. As far as seeing your doctor again, you should at least wait until you finish the course of antibiotics to get the full benefit.

Old 01-07-2006, 07:57 AM   #3
    caroleye
    Veteran
    (female)

caroleye HB User

If you're not well a week prior to surgery, I would reschedule.

Just what I'd do.

carole

Old 01-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #4
    twizliz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twizliz HB User

I've had a sinus infection since November. It has now turned into 'chronic sinusitis' I had a cat scan on Friday to determine what was going on. I have been on 2 z-paks, mega dose amoxicillian, cipro, biaxon and now I'm on augmention for 14 days. I have an appt with an ENT on Feb. 1 and we'll see what he says.

Old 01-08-2006, 06:54 AM   #5
    lno
    (female)

lno HB User

Twizliz: Did you read my post under "still sick after 25 days?". I explained I have also had sinus infection since 10/30/05. Haloween, I had a flu shot a week prior and then woke up one morning all stuffed up and have not been the same since. (Broke my foot the same day!!!!! Have been to my family Dr. 5 times, an ENT once and am scheduled for a return CT and visit 1/19/06. I have taken 2 round of Z-Pac, Sulfa, Ceftin(for 21 days), Omnicef, can't take amoxicillin or Augmenten due to severe stomach reactions. Also had 6 days of prednisone. I'm still chronic, however, not on anything at the present, just hangin in daily. I don't know what this stuff is, but I was amazed to see your post w/exactly the same thing. I've never been treated for sinus infection before, I'm blaming the flu shot. Don't have any suggestions, just wanted to let you know I'm still fighting the sinus battle and have a repeat CT scan 1/19 to see what it looks like. Good luck to you and please try the nasal spray as I suggested in my earlier post. It does help, not cure however. J.

Old 01-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #6
    twizliz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twizliz HB User

well I got the results from my cat scan and it turns out I have a deviated septum and some blockage in mostly the left side of my sinuses (where most of the pain is). My GP said that the ENT would probably recommend surgery to fix it, as I am chronically getting colds, etc... I also get allergy shots bi weekly. I'm actually hoping that he recommends the surgery, I've researched it and it seems like it works out quite well for most. Hope you are feeling better. Tonight the sinus pressure is so bad on the left of my face it feels like someone punched me.. although I guess it is a step up from the feeling of someone jabbing me with a screwdriver in my sinuses lol

sorry to hear about your foot as well!

Old 01-13-2006, 07:03 AM   #7
    ImTheLucky1
    (female)

ImTheLucky1 HB User

Ha! I've got you all beat....

I've had a "sinus infection" for almost 2 yrs! Went to 3 different dr's. Had CT run, all kinds of crazey stuff. The pain was so bad they thought I had a tumor. Finally go to the walk in clinic one night in extreme pain (this is AFTER the trip to the ER via ambulance b/c I passed out from pain). The dr. there did something no one else had done- an X-ray. the entire right side of my head was just a solid white fog. Went to the ENT and turns out I have cyst and polyps in my sinuses. Yeah! Big holes in my face that hold snot and infection.... So for the last 4 mths. I've been on different antibiotics. Once a month I have a CT scan to see if they're shrinking (the cyst). But the good news is the incredible headaches have subsided.
    So, hopefully they will care for your problem properly. Here's hoping for surgery. (Never thought I'd say that).

Old 01-13-2006, 08:24 AM   #8
    I C Hot
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I C Hot HB User

Hi, I have suffered with sinus infections in the past and just recently. Took a couple different antibiotics and was feeling worse, so I got some spray called Sinus Rescue sinus spray. It has 30ppm ionic silver in purified water, the day I started using it I started feeling better. Took a little while to clear up the infection but I feel so much better.

Closed Thread