It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Bellowing -- Is it safe??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
    grochet
    (male)

grochet HB User
    Sinus Bellowing -- Is it safe??

I have been irrigating my sinuses using a neti pot + salt for sometime now...
    Recently I came upon a website that described a more advanced and effective way of clearing the nasal passages, compared to irrigating from one nostril to the other, called sinus bellowing.

First I irrigate both nostrils, but do not dry. Then I start the sinus bellowing process. It is the process of "sniffing" the saline solution from one nostril and spatting it out from the mouth. It is supposed clear out the posterior portion of the nasal passages and is much more effective combating post nasal drip. I repeat this with the other nostril and dry.

My question is: Is this process safe? I was reading my neti pot precautions and it warned me not to "sniff" the solution back into my mouth. But I also remember reading that when irrigating the nasal passages, you know it is working most effectively when you feel it in the back of your mouth. So which is it? Yay or nay?

Thanks in advanced.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
    patricia jean
    (female)

patricia jean HB User
    Re: Sinus Bellowing -- Is it safe??

I don't know if I have the same sinus congestions that you do...but what works really good for my allergies, dryness, and congestion is the "Sinus Rinse which comes with the little packets that is mixed with warm distilled water .I do the left and right side of my nose every evening and it's really remarkable what comes out and how much better I can breath threw my nose...I only do it twice a week...and it really helps...

Old 02-25-2006, 07:23 PM   #3
    Afterglow
    (female)

Afterglow HB User

Patricia Jean, I'm very interested in the sinus rinse. Is that the brand name? Where do you get it? Thanks so much!

Old 02-28-2006, 02:02 AM   #4
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User

I don't know, if I sniffed the solution, I think it would go into my ears

Closed Thread