It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• chronic non-allergic sinus rhinitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
    fritzfrenzkie
    (female)

fritzfrenzkie HB User
    chronic non-allergic sinus rhinitis

I have had chronic non-allergic sinus rhinitis for about fifteen years now which I have managed to live with by taking a daily prescription antihisimine/decongestant. I moved to a wet climate from a mild climate last year and my medicine stopped working as soon as winter started. The only thing that works for me right now, and I know it's not a solution is Vicodin. I hurt my lower back recently and was put on Vicodin within two days I was completely dry and clear. This is after I went through acupuncture for a month and a half and developed asthma and lost my voice. I ran out of Vicodin for one day and immediately started congesting again. Any suggestions

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
    2catfans
    (female)

2catfans HB User
    Re: chronic non-allergic sinus rhinitis

You may have developed new allergies that are prevelant to your new location. You should see your doctor and see what they can do.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
    fritzfrenzkie
    (female)

fritzfrenzkie HB User

I did see the doctor several times after the winter season started and they ended up telling me to learn to live with it.

Old 03-25-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
    2catfans
    (female)

2catfans HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fritzfrenzkie
    I did see the doctor several times after the winter season started and they ended up telling me to learn to live with it.
    If I was told that by a doctor, I would seek a second opinion or change doctors. Did you see an allergist or family physician? If it was your family physician, then you should go to an allergist. And if it was your allergist, then get a second opinion. Although I can't imagine my allergist telling my to "learn to live with it." My allergist is always tell me about the new medications to help control my allergies. If one medication doesn't work, then my doc prescribes another until "we" find one that works for me. Please go to an allergist or get a second opinion.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:58 PM   #5
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fritzfrenzkie

That's ridiculous, it is THEIR JOB to treat you. They didn't prescribe anything to help you? WTH is wrong with doctors today? You need a new doctor.

Closed Thread