It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Bone Graft Sinus Lift bad reactions?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
    MICHAEL10
    (male)

MICHAEL10 HB User
    Unhappy Bone Graft Sinus Lift bad reactions?

Hi There,
    I am new to posting on the message boards.
    Last month I had a sinus lift and bone graft so that I may have implants.
    The Dentist used Bio-Oss(cow bone) . Ever since the procedure I was not able to breath oout of my left nostril due to severe congestion. I am getting so many sinus infections. My dentist had me on 7 weeks of antibiotics .
    Has anyone ever had something similar or knows someone that did?
    Did anyone ever have a reaction to this Bio-Oss material?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Mike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2006, 06:39 AM   #2
    Lou22
    (male)

Lou22 HB User
    Re: Bone Graft Sinus Lift bad reactions?

Hi there, i recently had bone graft surgery but my own bone was taken from my lower jaw and placed in my upper jaw for implants. My surgeon said this is the best method because its your own bone and so far i've had no complications.

The bone graft i had is called an '' Autogenous '' Did your dentist mention this type of surgery to you. Is there a reason why your own bone wasn't harvested and why you needed a sinus lift?

Ps I've had 4 maxillary sinus operations i hope you get better.

Old 04-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
    Sae

Sae HB User

Bone graft (osteogen) was put in where a tooth was extracted and I had a very bad reaction. It was very painful, infection set in, became very ill and felt like I was poisoned. Dentist would not remove and about a year later I finally was able to find someone to remove it. By then was very sick and grey looking. It had to be scraped and grinded out. It would have been easier if it was done soon after. Felt so much better after it was out but continued to have pain. I never had a sinus lift as this was in lower jaw. I hope you will get better soon and I wish you well.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #4
    MICHAEL10
    (male)

MICHAEL10 HB User

Hello,
    Thank yo so much for your well wishes. The Oral Surgeon actually told me that he was going to use my own bone alone along with my own platelets since there is less chance of reaction to it. After the procedure was done and I was getting infection after infection I was told that it was this Bio Oss stuff used . Needless to say I was upset. I needed the bone graft since I did not have enough of my own bone to do the implants . I am so sorry I started this .Actually the graft material was removed but I am still on IV antibiotcs and I am being treated for osteomyelitis. Thanks again Michael

Old 04-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #5
    Sae

Sae HB User

Since you have osteomyelitis, it is good that you are on IV antibiotics. They thought I had this and I have been on so many antibiotics but never the IV. I still sometimes wonder but the recent bone scan and CT scan show no osteom. I hope you will get over your infection soon and that you will have enough bone for your implants. Best wishes.

Closed Thread