It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Mucous retention cyst, head pain, sinus

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-13-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
    CaribouMom
    (female)

CaribouMom HB User
    Mucous retention cyst, head pain, sinus

Hi All!

I have had several MRIs and Cat scans because of a daily headache type pain in my forehead, behind my eyes since December. My docs have tried just about every med known to man to no avail in ridding me of the headache pain. I go to the ENT next week and I'm looking forward to it because I think the problem is in my sinus.

What I'm curious about is that one scan revealed a 9mm round focus of T2 signal hyperintensity and underneath that it said "most likely a mucous retention cyst". Now I don't know anything about the above description and I've read that mucous retention cysts are nothing to worry about and usually don't need to be removed, but if I'm complaining of pain in my sinus area and they actually found this there, wouldn't it make sense that IT was causing my pain? I'm just wondering why my docs are ignoring that. Also, when I've read about people having them, I've seen 1mm and 2mm but never anything as large as 9mm. I have very thick post nasal drip and really thick saliva since this started in December..but none of the doctors believe any of this is related. Which is odd to me because I think it is all related. I haven't had one single day without the headpain. It gets more intense if I lean forward...which again makes me assured it is in the sinus area. Does anyone have any experience with something like this? I'm at my wits end when I think of living the rest of my life with this feeling every day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread