It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinusitis, PLEASE help.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-02-2006, 01:56 AM   #1
    tordek
    (male)

tordek HB User
    Sinusitis, PLEASE help.

Hello I'm suffering from pains above my right eye for about 4 monthes already.
    I`m a soldier atm so it's hard to get to an ent doctor.
    meanwhile I want to ask you some questions.
    1. does sinusitis pain, around the eyes usually come and goes or do they hurt 24\7?
    2.Is it possible to have sinusitis without a stuffy nose?
    3.Is there anyway I can treat my self without seeing an ent?(I've tried an alternative medicine called Bi Yan Pian).
    4. Do ent doctors usually find the problem at the first appointment or will they call me to come again?
    5. Is it likely to have a pain from sinusitis only above 1 eye?

thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #2
    voyagette
    (female)

voyagette HB User
    Re: Sinusitis, PLEASE help.

Tordek...RE your questions:

1. I have had sinusitis come and go, and I've had it 24/7 as well. The come & go variety in my case is often caused by environmental conditions (being around smokers, etc) or hay fever/allergies.

2. Yes yes yes. It is possible to have a sinus infection with no stuffy nose symptom. The worst sinus infection I have EVER had (which also happened to be the most recent) was NOT accompanied by a stuffy nose. Excruciating head-clubbing pain and pounding in my ears, but no stuffy nose.

3. Yes, you can treat your sinusitis symptoms yourself. My lasting relief came only after I took matters into my own hands.

4. All Dr's are different, but generally they'll start you on some sort of antibiotic, sometimes including scripts for an antihistamine, a decongestant, a steroid nasal spray, or some combination of the three. (BTW if your sinusitis is brought on by hay fever/allergies, the steroid nasal spray often helps).

5. Yes, you can have sinus pain over only one eye. However, what feels like sinus pain can also be something else (Something potentially VERY serious), so if the product I suggest does not make you feel remarkably better within 3 or four days, get thee to a GOOD (emphasize GOOD) ENT with no further delay.

Now for my story:

While recently suffering from the mother of all sinus infections, getting nowhere fast using traditional medicines (two different doctors and four courses of antibiotics), and facing the exhorbitant cost of an MRI, I spent the wee hours of the night May 26, 2006, surfing the 'net for help, and somehow stumbled upon the following website:

[url]http://www[/url].[ REMOVED ].com

After reading the entire site, I thought it made sense! I therefore decided to buy a bottle of "nasal wash" with xylitol in it the next day. (Xlear). My results? Incredible. Amazing. By the next day I noticed significant relief... but it has been a week as of today, and I am totally pain/pressure/pounding free. This infection was so bad I could hear my heart pounding in my head, 24/7. My pain was behind the bridge of my nose, a little to the left, so I suspect the sphenoid sinus was the culprit, which is a particularly dangerous area to treat should the doctor suggest surgery. I really, truly thought I had an abscess eating a hole in my head, it hurt that bad.

Now, I use the spray wash a minimum of 5 X a day, and I don't go anywhere without it. It has been a LIFESAVER. This is NO EXAGGERATION! I am NOT affiliated in any way with the company that makes it, but if they ever go public you can bet the farm that I'll buy stock in it. [ REMOVED ]

Spend 14 bucks and try this stuff for yourself. The only ingredients are purified water, salt, xylitol and grapefruit seed extract (which is a natural fungicide!!) Best of luck to all fellow sinusitus sufferers. I hope this helps!

IMO, if this stuff does NOT work on your sinusitis, it probably is NOT sinusitis. If that's the case, you should see an experienced, reputable doctor without delay.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-03-2006 at 12:33 PM. Reason: use product names only - please do not post commercial websites for any reason whether or not you personally benefit

Old 06-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
    SuzyQPA2
    (female)

SuzyQPA2 HB User

Yes, i think i have a sinus and upper chest infection. I have no stuffy nose.
    First couple days i coughed up all kinds of coloured crap green/yellow, had loads of post nasal drip, and after two days i felt better but then got a fever, started on an antibiotic and then tried a cough med....then got a crushing headache which made me realize hey...still a problem in my sinuses.

Now i have to watch what i mix with the Antibiotic (which will kill any bacteria up in the sinuses) but i'm considering doing some natural things to clear the congestion, i tried the allergy med today but didn't help much.

This stuff helps nasal congestion:

Menthol - remember good ol vapo rub?
    Eucalyptus - maybe you could find some oil or spray or a spring you put near your bed, or even those cough drops will help symptoms very slightly
    spicy food - think thai/indian anything that will make you cry will also make your nose start to run.
    Got a turkish steam bath near you? that would help you a bit.
    a nasal decongestant or spray if you have allergies take the combo which says Blah Blah - D (the D for Decongestant)
    some people tell me throwing their face in ice water for a few minutes helps them (i think they are nuts i prefer steam)

Bottom line is that a basic doctor would be able to treat you or an ent but you need the decongestant for sure and maybe an antibiotic to fix sinusitis and whatever you can do to help it along.

I'm on here to research what else i can do.
    Good luck

Old 06-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #4
    SuzyQPA2
    (female)

SuzyQPA2 HB User

P.S.

taking a ibprofin or something to reduce the inflammation in the sinuses will help it clear....they make stuff now it's 3 in 1 like Cold and Sinus meds over the counter - they will help

Old 06-29-2006, 08:32 AM   #5
    dmtustin
    (female)

dmtustin HB User

I've had sinusitus for over 15 years, with sinus infections constantly.

There is a product out called "NeilMed", the web site is [url]www.[ REMOVED ].com[/url]

This product has kept me out of EM the longest time over any anti-biotics my doctor has given me to improve my sinuses. It is a nasal wash. This product comes 2 ways, One in 50 pacs with an irrigation bottle. It also comes in 100 pacs.without the bottle. Once you get the bottle, then you can purchase the 100 pac. Most Pharmacies carry this product. I mentioned this product to my Alergist, and they think its the best irrigation product out so far. Good luck

Last edited by moderator2; 06-29-2006 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Closed Thread