It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Does this sound like a sinus infection or not?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2006, 05:47 AM   #1
    pokeymagee
    (female)

pokeymagee HB User
    Does this sound like TMJ?

After 5 months, 4 doctors, and 3 antibiotics and 5 days of steroids, I still have this and I still don't have an answer to what it is or why it won't go away. My symptoms are stuffy nose at night, but during the day and night I have right head pain. Slight pain comes and goes over right eye, but really it's mostly right temple and right in front of my right ear pain, like headache pain that comes and goes for the past 5 months. I have a little bit of ear stuffiness too. I had a CAT and it showed a little bit of sinus infection but that was from early February, but I have been on 3 antibiotics and 5 days of steriods since then. Each time I get a little better, but I still have it. My dr doesn't think it sounds like sinus, but more like TMJ disorder. Any thoughts? Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
    MountainReader
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
    Re: Does this sound like a sinus infection or not?

Are you just being treated with the antibiotics and steroids? Do you have any allergy issues? Are you on any allergy medications or Mucinex?

I would get sinus infections for months on end and had to get the allergies under control before I could get the sinus problems cleared up. Also I sometimes had to go on more than one round of the steroids.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:30 AM   #3
    crushme
    (female)

crushme HB User
    Re: Does this sound like TMJ?

I have those symptoms, and a lot of head (migraine and tension) aches and shoulder and neck pain but I first started getting treated for TMJ for the severe jaw pain and then the clicking, popping, and locking of the jaw.

Closed Thread