It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Can sinus problems cause really bad fatigue and sleep problems??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #1
    GermanGal00
    (female)

GermanGal00 HB User
    Can sinus problems cause really bad fatigue and sleep problems??

Hello I have a very bad deviated septum and am waking up in the morning DEAD TIRED like I never even went to sleep at all. I was thinking that since my sinus are so clogged at night (I can hardly breathe through them at all) that maybe I am not getting enough oxygen when I sleep?? Sort of like sleep apnea?? My sinus are SO clogged when I wake up but my mouth is never open so I am guessing I am not breathing in enough air. I have to take sleeping pills to sleep.

I am seeing an ENT in a month so I am hoping to get the problem resolved

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
    Greg

Greg HB User
    Re: Can sinus problems cause really bad fatigue and sleep problems??

Sounds like you are describing sleep apnea.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #3
    GermanGal00
    (female)

GermanGal00 HB User

Yes, except that I do not have sleep apnea.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:58 PM   #4
    SteveGn
    (male)

SteveGn HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GermanGal00
    Hello I have a very bad deviated septum and am waking up in the morning DEAD TIRED like I never even went to sleep at all. I was thinking that since my sinus are so clogged at night (I can hardly breathe through them at all) that maybe I am not getting enough oxygen when I sleep?? Sort of like sleep apnea?? My sinus are SO clogged when I wake up but my mouth is never open so I am guessing I am not breathing in enough air. I have to take sleeping pills to sleep.

I am seeing an ENT in a month so I am hoping to get the problem resolved

GermanGal, My sinuses had been stopped up for most of every day, especially when I'm trying to sleep, for many, many years. I figured that I would eventually go to an ENT doctor and need to have some sort of surgery done. I was at Wal Greens and saw this product called SinuCleanse which cleans out the sinuses. I thought I would give it a try and to my big surprise, I can breath normally now. Might be worth a try before you go to the doctor. I used it twice a day for about three days, now I just use it one or two hours before bedtime. I allow some time for the saline to completely clear out. I think you can get it at CVS also and maybe some others. I don't think Wal Mart carries it. The SinuCleanse is some sort of plastic tea pot looking container that comes with a saline powder. The advertising on the box says that its for relief of: nasal congestion, sinusitis, allergies, dry air, post-nasal drip, rhinitis of pregnancy.

Closed Thread