It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• sinus headache?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
    misschicka2006
    (female)

misschicka2006 HB User
    sinus headache?

So I just went to the doctor, but she didn't seem to be too sure on what I have. First I had a fever and a little headache that lasted for 2 days. Yesturday, only when I bent over did I have pain in my head. Last night when I was going to sleep I felt my headache coming on. I woke up this morning with one of the worst headaches I've ever had in my life. It's like constant pressure in my head, like someone is squeezing my brain. There's pain above my eyes, my forehead, and my neck. My doctor looked at my throat and saw something going on back there too. She decided it was a sinus/tension [yeah 2 in 1, so fun] headache, and prescribed me flonase and clarinex. It's just the pain is bad whenever I look around or move my head, and laying down (unless I lay on my back) doesn't really help. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
    cuckoobirdy
    (female)

cuckoobirdy HB User
    Re: sinus headache?

Hmmmm. Not everyone has the typical symptoms of migraines, but your symptoms sound like mine and I definitely get migraines. I describe my pain as if my head is in a vice. I don't get pain on only one side of my head as many do. Sometimes I have nausea with the headache, but not always. I definitely get sensitivity to light and sound.

One thing that may help to figure out if you have a migraine is how long it lasts and how well it responds to medication. I find that if I don't medicate my headache at the immediate onset, the headache ends up lasting a really long time - weeks.

So hope that helps.....

Closed Thread