It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• chronic sinusitis--referral to ENT

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #1
    clareo

clareo HB User
    Unhappy chronic sinusitis--referral to ENT

hello, well ive had chronic sinusitis now for months, i got a really bad virus at easter and since then ive been ill, the sinusitis developed ive had no energy every single day bad headaches, sick postnasal drip all the usual sinusitis symptoms, went doctors months ago he didnt look in my nose or throat which i thought was a bit stupid, all he gave me was decongestant..all this did was make me vomit all day. so i went back to another doctor he gave me antihistamines and a nasal spray. i used neither of these as i know i dont have allergys, anyway i go 2 weeks l8r he gives me amoxicilan, which av done nothin. ( i also have reli swollen eyes which is affectin my vision badly..cant even watch tv) neway i went bak 2day and he finaly looks in my nose, ears, throat and he says the lining in my nose is very swollen and that ive got chronic sinusitis so hes referring me to an ENT he also gave me more antibiotics not sure what these ones are called but apparntly cause rash in the sun!. neway enugh of my problems..im just wonderin what happens when you go to c an ENT because im quite worried, i even think all this sinusitis is causing me anxiety because im always worrying i cant breathe cos my nose is that blocked!. has anyone else ever had all these symptoms..dizzy etc? bad eyesight. please get bak 2 me ...anybody.. thanku

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
    Sandy Beach
    (female)

Sandy Beach HB User
    Re: chronic sinusitis--referral to ENT

Hi,

I went to an ENT for the first time 2 weeks ago. The doctor does the usual:
    look into ears, throat, eyes, listen to heart. More than likely the doctor will do some of the things he did to me, and that is: spray some stuff into your nose that sort of stings and run a small hose/tube like thing up each of your nostrils. It does not HURT, but you will feel pressure. The tubing allows him to look inside your nose and down into your throat. It's not fun, but not painful. If you are hurting as much as I, you are willing to do anything to find out what the problem is.

I was diagnosed with a throat/stomach problem called LPRD. You probably have something else, but I just wanted to answer your question as to what the ENT does. Good luck and hope your find some relief.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:02 PM   #3
    angeleyes0906
    (female)

angeleyes0906 HB User
    Re: chronic sinusitis--referral to ENT

Im going through this right now, I have dizziness, tachycardia, headache, intermittant double/blurred vision, stuffy nose, nasal drainage, etc. I am undergoing testing for possible throat cancer, and an incidental finding on the CT showed a "rare" sphenoid sinus disease. Apparently, causes all the above symptoms and can be treated by antibiotics and decongestant, if that doen't work needs to be surgically fixed. Carries some permanent problems if not taken care of, researching the disease, its grossly underdiagnoised in this county. Mostly picked up on a CT like mine. I was looking for someone who could tell me more about causes, and alternative treatments.

Good luck

Closed Thread