It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Suffers does this happen to you??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
    Mike137100
    (male)

Mike137100 HB User
    Sinus Suffers does this happen to you??

I been suffering from sinus problems for years. I notice that when it is cloudy or it is raining the pressure in my face and head increases. I feel miserable. I think I can predict the weather. Does this happen to anyone else?

Mike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
    Melissa765
    (female)

Melissa765 HB User
    Re: Sinus Suffers does this happen to you??

Yeah... that happens to me. I have CHRONIC sinus infections (literally once a month [and they last for 3 weeks, so it's like I have 1 week a month where I feel okay, but there's still allergies to combat ]). In fact, I get them so often, and have for so long, that I'm immune to *every* antibiotic. It's been rainy where I live, so it's been really bad. This one that I have now spread into my ears (so I have a very bad ear infection), and now it's gone into my eyes (conjunctivitis)!!! It's just miserable!!! I can't WAIT for the rain and humidity to stop! I wish you the best of luck!!!

Old 08-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #3
    Mike137100
    (male)

Mike137100 HB User

Thanks Melissa for your response. I thought I was the only one that went through this when bad weather hits. I have been trying to combat this infections for weeks. Been on 4 rounds of Omnicef and one round of Amoxicillin. While on the Amoxicillin I was actually starting to feel better but after that round it seems like the problem is starting to come back. I started taking Echinesea and Goldenseal to see if the natural antibiotic/antiviral properties of these herbs help.

Old 08-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #4
    MountainReader
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I completely empathize with you. I can always tell when there is a new weather front coming in by changes in my sinus pressure.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

Mike,
    My family and I are chronic sinusitus and vasomotor rhinitus sufferers. Pressure changes due to weather fronts, shifts in elevation, and temperature shifts can cause intense pain.
    We carry nasal spray where ever we go... saline spray, Nasonex, and a percongesic (sp?)... not to mention tylenol and advil. When we begin to feel the pressure shift, first we try saline to thin the sinus mucus... if this does not work in conjunction with a pain killer, we evaluate the need for the other nasal sprays.
    In most cases we just minimize environmental temperature changes (stay in doors) and take our routine allergy medication. When the pain and congestion gets bad we use cold compresses and steam as needed to loosen up the congestion.
    All these tactics have failed to keep my sinus infections at bay... I will have my tonsils and adnoids removed, and windows cut in my sinuses in two weeks. I hope this will fix my problem. Best wishes and good luck with your sinus trouble.
    MG

Closed Thread