It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• I had endoscopic sinus surgery..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
    mookie123
    (male)

mookie123 HB User
    I had endoscopic sinus surgery..

I had all 4 of my sinuses swollen and filled with mucus.. this is why I had to do the operation. I had severe sinus pressure build up but after my surgery I didn't have no sinus pressure instead I was sneezing very often.

I had endoscopic sinus surgery and septoplasty 2 weeks ago and ever since then I have been sneezing alot?

anyone know why? and what can I do to stop sneezing?

I usually have these symptoms from the morning to like 6:00p

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 05:32 PM   #2
    coulditbeTD
    (male)

coulditbeTD HB User
    Re: I had endoscopic sinus surgery..

so your sinuses were stuffy and congested, now they are clear?

for the sneezing, maybe it is because your nose is not use to the clear path of air.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: I had endoscopic sinus surgery..

mookie123,
    My husband and I had something similar after our first sinus surgeries. I am due to have another in a week... I will let you know if I have a repeat occurance. The ENT said it was quite common. Increased air flow through the sinus cavities dries out the area, which stimulates mucus production and sneezing as a side effect. It would also be more prevelant when you are more active. When you are awake you breathe more often and thus will dry your sinuses out quicker. If your ENT says it is okay, saline nasal spray used on a routine basis will keep the increased mucus thinned out and the sinuses moist... this should help with the sneezing.
    Best wishes and good luck.
    MG

Last edited by mkgb; 08-24-2006 at 05:46 PM.

Closed Thread