It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• are my sinus headaches really migranes?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
    sazy101
    (female)

sazy101 HB User
    are my sinus headaches really migranes?

HI

I have read somewhere that 90% of sinus headaches only are not actually sinisitis, but most are actually migranes. Sinus headaches ussually occur with a sinus infection and pressure, where you get cold, nose discharge, fever etc. But if you have pain without the infection then its not likely a sinus headache. it hasnt been relieved with ANY sinus meds, and the Cat scan showen not much wrong. although they said they would do surgery anyway. why i dont know!

I have pain all over sinuses, am light sensitive. The problem is the characteristics of migrane doesnt sound like me. i.e throbing, lasting a couple of hours etc.
    My pain lasts weeks on end, all day long. Can migranes last days on end and just mimick sinus pain? not throbing pain.

Can migranes be triggered by food intolerances i.e dairy. as i am dairy intollerant and have noticed a pattern.

has anyone else have sinuses headaches which are actualy migranes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #2
    mumof3fairies
    (female)

mumof3fairies HB User
    Re: are my sinus headaches really migraines?

Hello,
    If you have noticed a pattern with your food then it could be migraines but if you are intolerant to dairy the maybe it is allergy related. I get the daily headache pain all over my head but when I get a migraine I can get pain in my face and what seems to be around the sinus area not to mention the shocking pain in my eye. I just want to rip my eye out sometimes. It is quite possible that they are migraines and they can last days on end. I suppose some peoples migraine pain can be different. Yrs ago I used to get the Aura before a migraine and now I don't. I can get the pain over my entire head.

Closed Thread