It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Problems Focusing Eyes with Sinus Problems??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
    eloise_girl24
    (female)

eloise_girl24 HB User
    Unhappy Problems Focusing Eyes with Sinus Problems??

I've had a sinus infection for about a week now. im on the fourth day of my z-pak but im having a really bad time with dizziness and i am having trouble focusing my eyes. anyone have eye problems with thier sinuses??? it's driving me crazy im really dizzy and i keep taking naps hoping to sleep the dizzy spells off. this is really affecting my work. im really having a hard time focusing my eyes to things up close. anyone have similar symptoms??? im about to have a panic attack....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
    kirsten07
    Veteran
    (female)

kirsten07 HB User
    Re: Problems Focusing Eyes with Sinus Problems??

yes, i have very bad allergies and i also have a hard time focusing my eyes on something, plus dizziness and much more so dont worry too much it will go away when your sinuses clear it wont kill you dont freak out about it, it is just very annoying.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
    chigs489
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chigs489 HB User

I have similar issues.

This is caused by inflammation in the Ethmoid sinus cavities, which are around the nose and next to the eyes. It presses on the orbital socket and causes a hazy/fuzzy feeling -like everything is just a little blurred and you have a hard time focusing.

If inflammation gets really bad, it can press on the eustachian tubes that go to the ears, causing outright dizziness.

The best thing for this is a POWERFUL antihistamine. Go get some Chlor-Tremiton (or the generic Wal-Finate). It is stong stuff, and after a couple of days, you will notice a big drop in these symptoms.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
    cenzo
    (male)

cenzo HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eloise_girl24
    I've had a sinus infection for about a week now. im on the fourth day of my z-pak but im having a really bad time with dizziness and i am having trouble focusing my eyes. anyone have eye problems with thier sinuses??? it's driving me crazy im really dizzy and i keep taking naps hoping to sleep the dizzy spells off. this is really affecting my work. im really having a hard time focusing my eyes to things up close. anyone have similar symptoms??? im about to have a panic attack....
    [removed] I signed up to these boards because of a google search of these SAME EXACT symptoms. I am so glad I found these boards!!!

About a month ago I noticed my vision was a little disturbed. Just like you said, not focusing properly. When I shut my eyes I was feeling some pressure like it was my sinus's so I went to the doc and he gave me the same Zpak youre taking. Around the 4th day the symptoms started to subside and I was okay for about 3 weeks. Then the symptoms returned. So I went back to the doc and told him that I stopped taking the medicine as soon as my symptoms went away (which was a lie, just to get more) I finished the second batch, and although my vision is a bit better, now my head just feels like its in the clouds. Im having a hard time focusing on things, Its almost like I have to pinch myself sometimes to wake myself up. Its like im in a daze. I was hoping that its just sinus's and it will subside, but its starting to get scary.

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-08-2006 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Watch your language on the Boards.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:37 AM   #5
    cenzo
    (male)

cenzo HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chiggins1066
    The best thing for this is a POWERFUL antihistamine. Go get some Chlor-Tremiton (or the generic Wal-Finate). It is stong stuff, and after a couple of days, you will notice a big drop in these symptoms.
    Is this over the counter or do I need a prescription?

Old 10-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
    eloise_girl24
    (female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

im on my 5th day of z-pack and i still dont feel better. i know that it says that "most people start to feel better before the 5th day but you will continue to get better after the perscription ends" but i dont feel like im getting any better. yesterday was probably my worst day with the eyes focusing/dizziness thing. i think im going to go back to my doctor. i hate this. i feel so worn out. im going to ask him for an antihistamine. i hope this zpak got rid of the infection. i dont feel like it did.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #7
    cenzo
    (male)

cenzo HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eloise_girl24
    im on my 5th day of z-pack and i still dont feel better. i know that it says that "most people start to feel better before the 5th day but you will continue to get better after the perscription ends" but i dont feel like im getting any better. yesterday was probably my worst day with the eyes focusing/dizziness thing. i think im going to go back to my doctor. i hate this. i feel so worn out. im going to ask him for an antihistamine. i hope this zpak got rid of the infection. i dont feel like it did.
    when you say dizzy, do you mean like the room is spinning. or is it more like you dont feel like youre in your body type dizzy? i think im going to take the advice of chiggins and try out the Chlor-Tremeton, I just looked it up at CVS.com and they have it.. Im on my way now!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #8
    eloise_girl24
    (female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

i get both types of dizziness. sometimes i have to grab on to something to steady myself. ive read that alot of people with sinus/allergy problems have spinning or dizzy feelings. i get them often. pretty much all the time every day. it also makes me a little nauseas(sp) so i dont eat much. ive lost 4 pounds in just a few days because it's been so bad recently.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:24 AM   #9
    cenzo
    (male)

cenzo HB User

bump

anyone else with this problem that can give some suggestions on what helped them?

Old 10-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #10
    mishmish
    (female)

mishmish HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chiggins1066
    I have similar issues.

This is caused by inflammation in the Ethmoid sinus cavities, which are around the nose and next to the eyes. It presses on the orbital socket and causes a hazy/fuzzy feeling -like everything is just a little blurred and you have a hard time focusing.

If inflammation gets really bad, it can press on the eustachian tubes that go to the ears, causing outright dizziness.

do you see spots as well? this is a symptom i've been having continuously for months now and it's very bothersome to me.

thanks for the help.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #11
    nasalsufferer36
    (male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User

I have similar problems with you.

I have problems focusing, and I suspected it had to do with my sinus infection. After taking anti-biotics, the symptoms of eye focusing problems graduallly improved.

I still have these symptoms but they're better than before.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
    sallyj
    (female)

sallyj HB User

bump bump. did anyone actually try the chlor-trimeton? Did it work?

Trying it now for the first time...hoping to be defuzzed and re-focused...

Old 07-31-2008, 08:46 AM   #13
    richard1971
    (male)

richard1971 HB User

Eloise - i know exactley what you mean. Ive been told its the sinuses and sinus cavities that seen to run all over the skull that are blocking up, and the ears are been blocked up, all of which causes imbalance. Its horrible and causes anxiety sometimes.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #14
    Allergic1
    (female)

Allergic1 HB User

My allergist had to actually switch me to an allergy medicine with a decongestant in it while my sinuses were going haywire. It took a little while but, my sinuses dried up and my eyes returned to normal.

Closed Thread