It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus infections

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2006, 06:42 AM   #1
    Halls
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Halls HB User
    Sinus infections

I get one after the other. I have had all the sinus surgeries you can have the last 3 years and I'm done with that. No matter what happens it seems like every month to two months I've got a bad sinus infection.

I can't stand taking antibiotics over and over. I need relief naturally!

Anyonw know of a good natural remedy for sinusitis?

I already irrigate with saline and it cleans it out and makes it feel better but it doesn't stop the infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: Sinus infections

So what are all the procedures you have had?

I am in the same boat and about to get my tonsil and adnoids out as well as windows cut in all of my sinus cavities. I currently have chronic sinusittus where I tend to stay on anti-biotics a minimum of nine months out of the year. I don't think my GI track will ever be normal again.

The only times I got larger spurts of relief, was when they would culture the infection and treat it long term with the appropriate anti-biotics. I have had a few anti-biotic resistant infections do to the GP's constant 2 wk on 2 wk off anti-biotic rotation treatment method. I have not found anything that helps other than isolation in a clean room environment. I hope that increasing the drainage area in my small but well formed sinuses will solve my problem.

Best of luck to you,
    MG

Old 10-11-2006, 07:49 AM   #3
    Halls
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Halls HB User

1st surgery I had windows put into my maxillary's and had an ethmoidectomy.

2nd surgery I had a deviated septum corrected, another ethmoidectomy, and my frontal sinuses opened.

After one side of the frontal sinuses closed after the second surgery I had surgery number 3.

3rd surgery, I had on one side only and my ENT went on the outside and made an incision near my eye brow to open my frontal sinus that was closed. It was successful.

Although all my surgeries were successful I was still have problem after problem so to resolve it once and for all I had a frontal sinus obliteration! Do you know what that is? It is when your frontal sinuses are completely removed out of your head. The surgeon makes an incision one inch into the hairline and cuts from ear to ear than cuts through the bone and pulls the frontal sinuses out. Once he has them completely out he took fat out of my tummy and filled in the empty spots. I than was closed up and went through a rough recovery.

The last major surgery was in June and here i am still getting sinus infection after sinus infections. WHY? I don't know!

I'm angry! Not mad at my ENT cause i think he gave it all he had, but I can no longer go to him because it is clear he cannot help me. I am going to see a new ENT next week just to see what they say, but I have a feeling it won't be any better.

All I can tell you is that 3 years ago I had a massive sinus infection that did not respond to antibiotics and after 2 weeks of misery I woke up majorly dizzy with pressure in my head and it has never gone away. If I don't take Singular and Zyrtec together every day the dizziness and pressure is worse! I walk through a room with smoke in it, BOOM, infection! I smell someone's perfume, BOOM, infection! It doesn't matter what I do to prevent it, it happens.

I'm sick of antibiotics and think my immune system is shot to hell. Maybe what I need is to allow the sinus infections to run it's course and let my immune system fight it off. Maybe if I start allowing that the more my immune system will stop sinsu infections before they happen. I don't know, but it is worth a try! I'm to tired and have been through more hell than most with the sinus problems considering I let my ENT cut my head open and yank my frontal sinuses completely out of my head!

Old 10-11-2006, 12:21 PM   #4
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

Halls,

It does sound like your ENT has given it his all. I noted you are on singular and zyrtec daily, but not a decongestant.. can you take them or do you have a BP conflict? Also the smoke trigger makes me think of my vasomotor rhinitus which is irritant based allergies, have you been diagnosed by an allergist, immunologist? If it is immunological an allergy, immunologist would stand the best chance at helping you.

I just got back from my preregistration and blood testing, so my surgery is on for next tuesday. Had a little fun with all my drug allergies, determining what IV anti-biotic I can take... I love to watch them argue a bit. Alas I have to arrive even earlier than expected, so the strange anti-biotic can get into my system before surgery. I am not an early riser anymore, but I will have to be up hours before dawn...

Best of luck to you, I really think you should check out an immunologist allergist... there are ways to reset your immune system, had to do that once a few years back myself.

Sincerely,
    MG

Old 10-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #5
    Halls
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Halls HB User

Yeah, that is what I think. My immune system needs a big boost and I probably do need to see an Immunologist over this as my ENT has done everything he could do.

Right now I have another infection and about to go on a nebulizer antibiotic for treatment. Sucks!

I wish you best of luck. I've been down this road and than some so I understand what it is like. My last surgery in June was major surgery and I stayed in the hospital one night, lol! My surgey was about 4-5 hrs long. I decided it will be my last! Anyhow, best of luck to you!!

Old 10-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
    Halls
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Halls HB User

BTW, I don't take a decongestant as it causes pain to my sinuses. I end up having an infection after taking a decongestant believe it or not. Very bad for me. Funny thing is before my incident happend a few years ago I could take decongestants and other things and never had any problems. It sucks having weak sinuses.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:12 AM   #7
    nasalsufferer36
    (male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User

Hi,

If you have sinus infections, can you list the symptoms?

Do you do a nasal wash? or some form of irrigation with a device such as Grossan?

I've suffered like you for many years with biannual sinusitis infections that made me truly miserable.

And anti-biotics were not a cure. I've learned through these boards that the reason anti-biotics cannot solve sinus infections is that sinuses are empty cavities that do not have blood flow. Anti-biotics only eradicate germs where it can reach them via blood vessels such as the nasal passages which afflict us so terribly. But once the anti-biotics is stopped, the existing germs in the sinus cavities plague us once more.

I've just recently discovered through these messageboards a novel method to cure sinusitis. If you do a search on these boards for Sinus Flooding, you will find the guidebook on how to do a Sinus Flooding. Please read the instructions and warnings carefully.

For me personally, after 4 days since performing a sinus flood, the symptoms of sinus infection have dramatically improved. The reason is, the sinus flood method forces the invective solution that kills germs in the sinuses.

You might want to read up on it, and try it.

Good luck and good health to you!

-fellow sinusitis sufferer.

Closed Thread