It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Anxiety Relapse/Anxiety Over Allergies/Sinus

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
    whobitty
    (female)

whobitty HB User
    Anxiety Relapse/Anxiety Over Allergies/Sinus

I think I am having a bit of an anxiety relapse. I had terrible panic attacks about seven years ago, but have controlled it fairly well since then. In the past, I had numbness & tingling, heart palpitations, upset stomach, and such. This new bout has been coming on for awhile, I believe, but I only recently thought it might be anxiety.

I think it started quite a few months ago when my infant daughter broke out in a really bad rash. I felt really freaked out about it. I had eaten a lot of peanuts the day before (I'm breastfeeding), but we had also been using a fairly harsh detergent for washing our clothes. The rash lasted for a few days and went away when we switched to a new detergent.

The rash has returned twice since, but to a lesser degree. One time she got a hold of our son's chocolate chip cookie earlier in the day. The other time I had a few peanuts the night before and she had blueberries a few hours before. Both times she was wearing a shirt that had been washed in our old detergent.

I suppose a more rational person would assume that the detergent is the culprit, however somewhere in my brain I have held onto the thought that it could be a food. That, coupled with the fact that we have recently come across four or five kids with peanut allergies and heard other things here and there, I think I have this new weird anxiety over allergies.

I have had a cold for the past couple of weeks and I have begun to feel incredibly itchy at times in the last few days. My tongue has felt funny and I have become almost afraid to eat peanuts or peanut butter, even though I have never been allergic to anything before.

I think I may have a sinus infection at this point, which I also had when I had the terrible anxiety years ago. A few people in my family have had terrible anxiety and found out they had a sinus infection through x-rays and such. Once the sinuses clear up, so does the irrational fear. Can anxiety cause the itching and weird tongue feeling? It does go away when I am relaxed or have taken a decongestant (not antihistamine). Anyone else had anything like this?

My anxiety got out of hand last time, mainly because I didn't know what it was for so long. I was only able to kick it when my sinuses cleared up and I stopped taking birth control. I just seem to have let little fears in the back of my mind come to the forefront again. Hopefully, I can keep it in check better this time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread