It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Infection Help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
    Nikolai
    (female)

Nikolai HB User
    Sinus Infection Help

Hello, here are the symptoms I am experiencing sometimes pressure on the left side of my head, and my left teeth (also my upper back tooth on the left side sometimes gets a sharp pain in it), I have a weird taste in my mouth that makes me feel nauseous (this is a recent symptom) and it feels as if my ear is draining but nothing is coming out of it and sometimes I have coughing/throwing up yellowish phlegm, yet I have nothing coming out of my nose. Another thing is I feel like I am off balance and could fall over at any moment and sometimes I feel light headed does any of this sound like a sinus infection. I went to the doctor two weeks ago and they gave me nasonex stating it was a sinus infection, I than went to the doctor a week later having pressure behind my eye and it was protruding sightly (which as not happened since he prescribed me an antibotic) but I was only on the antibotic for 4 days because they thought i was having an allergic reaction to it, but becaue I felt fine they did not prescribe anything else. I have not had many sinus problems, dealt with alot of hear problems as a child. Both doctor's stated that my ears were not infected and the hear drum looked healthy, but there was fluid behind my left one. What I am wondering is can a sinus infection cause the weird taste in your both and could it still be a sinus infection because I was not on the antibotics long enough. Any help from someone would be greatly appreciated. I do not know much about sinus infections. "Hello just a quick update, I went to the doctors yesterday and said that my ear looks fine and did not want to prescribe another prescription yet because I am having issues with my asthma and beginning a new puffer, but it still feels like my ear is draining, pressure on head and teeth, and my eye was protruding slightly today, I am just wondering if anything else could be causing all of these symptoms thanks"

Last edited by Nikolai; 12-07-2006 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Recurring symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
    dustoffkid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
    Re: Sinus Infection Help

It does sound like a sinus infection. I'm surprised that they didn't try another antibiotic when you had a reaction to the first one.

I'd go back to the doctor and ask for a new course of antibiotics, one you can take safely.

Trust me, you don't want to live with the discomfort of a sinus infection any longer than you have to!

Closed Thread