It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Does anybody else go through this? (sinus related)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2006, 12:42 AM   #1
    moonpeep
    Inactive

moonpeep HB User
    Does anybody else go through this? (sinus related)

I'd appreciate feedback from anyone.

Long story short, I've had sinus drainage and irritation for the last decade or so. I can live with it most of the time.

What I don't understand is why it flares up in certain rooms of the house, in certain environments.

I'm generally good when in old houses/rooms, and when I'm outside. Fresh air and water is really important for me. (this isn't an outdoor allergy) For example, I'm the best in my parents unfurnished basement.

I'm bad in newer rooms/houses, especially those without lots of fresh cool air. (warm stuffy air will make any environment worse for me) There are some rooms that it would be absolute hell to try and get to sleep in. I'd have to take strong sinus meds to knock me out.... (VERY annoying if you're in a hotel or staying at someone's place that doesn't agree with you)

What happens when I'm in those environments is that my regular sinus drainage stops, and dries up...this leaves my sinuses VERY irritated. (and irritates me -- I feel better with sinus drainage) When this happens my nose usually gets a little stuffy and feel dry and irritated. Sometimes my hands will even get dry and chalky feeling when this occurs. My eyes can also get quite dry. And this is a different sort of dryness than is just associated with low humidity, I can run a humidifier in a room that irritates me like this and it won't fix my problems.

Note: this is how it generally works for me, although there are some olders dwellings that probably irritate as well.

Quick summary:
    Usually has post nasal drip... real problems occur when this stops. Sinuses become stuffy, dry and irritated. Skin (especially hands) becomes dry and irritated...same for eyes.
    Often occurs in newer rooms or rooms with newer furnishings... although some older rooms will irritate.

Basically, not sure what exactly it is that triggers these problems. I'm thinking it's some chemical or air quality, but not sure what.

Experience this sort of thing, anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread