It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Cold/Sinus Infection/Allergy worse because of LPR???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
    JOG1151
    (female)

JOG1151 HB User
    Cold/Sinus Infection/Allergy worse because of LPR???

Not sure if I have Cold, Sinus Infection, or Allergies...or ALL!!!

It all started last Wednesday with a sore throat...slight fever of 99...and LOADS OF MUCOUS!!!

Almost 7 days later, and I'm like a walking Kleenex Box...my nasal passages are very inflamed and blocked...yet when I blow my nose, it is clear and very little comes out.

The mucous is mostly in my throat which I am spitting up (sorry for being graphic) The taste is disgusting, I have a post nasal drip...and am getting a bad cough.

I am not sure if this is a Cold, Sinus Infection, Allergy...I am pretty sure it is related to my LPR because I have the throat clearing thing going on as well.

Almost everyone here in NJ is sick or has a cold...I am wondering though if my LPR is making things worse...I have had sinus infections before...but nothing like the mucous I am experiencing this time.

Is this all tied into LPR??? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

PS...I'm already on a double dose of 20 MG Aciphex...and I seemed to be doing well until I got sick.

Will this pass? Possibly take longer than usual because of the LPR?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #2
    Kellir
    (female)

Kellir HB User
    Re: Cold/Sinus Infection/Allergy worse because of LPR???

Im kind of going through the same thing. My throat has been red and nasty looking for about a month, even after taking my whole bottle of antibiotics, its still nasty looking and my sinusus are REALLY bothering me. I have ALOT of mucus like you and keep having to clear my throat. I was really sick a couple weeks ago. I think my GERD is making my sinusus worse. Im on prilosec and it seem to help a little but I dont know what to do about my throat. I keep taking sinus pills all the time but its not getting better. Sorry I couldnt be of more helpxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 01-03-2007, 07:22 AM   #3
    JOG1151
    (female)

JOG1151 HB User

Thanks Kellir...at least I know I am not alone.

Hopefully we will both be feeling better soon!

Old 01-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
    midnightblue
    (female)

midnightblue HB User

I know what you mean.

I have sinus problems and reflux problems, and sometimes I don't know which symptom belongs to which complaint!

I haven't talked to my Dr in depth about either, so only take OTC meds for my sinuses. But as both problems seem to be worsening I will see my Doc soon.

At the moment I have this awful post-nasal drip, but don't know what is causing it as a Dr has told me it can be caused by GERD, but also by Sinus problems.

All I know is that I am sick of the sore head, excess mucous (gross), and indigestion!!

Old 01-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #5
    Kellir
    (female)

Kellir HB User

Yea its better to know youre not alone! How are you feeling today?

Old 01-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
    JOG1151
    (female)

JOG1151 HB User

Hi Kellir...feeling a little better today...my nose seems to be drying up a little, but the cough is still there....I have terrible mucous in the morning, and wake up with a sore throat...and I still get the throat clearing thing from my post nasal drip.

Not sure whether it's still sinus...or LPR...or both.

This is actually how this whole mess started for me this past August...with a sinus infection...that went into an episode of CONSTANT throat clearing...which the ENT diagnosed as Silent Acid Reflux.

Thanks for asking...how are you feeling?

Old 01-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #7
    Kellir
    (female)

Kellir HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JOG1151
    Hi Kellir...feeling a little better today...my nose seems to be drying up a little, but the cough is still there....I have terrible mucous in the morning, and wake up with a sore throat...and I still get the throat clearing thing from my post nasal drip.

Not sure whether it's still sinus...or LPR...or both.

This is actually how this whole mess started for me this past August...with a sinus infection...that went into an episode of CONSTANT throat clearing...which the ENT diagnosed as Silent Acid Reflux.

Thanks for asking...how are you feeling?
    Im glad youre feeling better! Thats kind of how my whole mess started too, It started with chest pains and tightness and one day my throat kind of hurt and I looked at it and it was really nasty looking so I totally freaked out!! Im a hypochondriac and have panic and anxiety disorder so I freak out about everything! I still have the mucus in my throat and today I ate a bacon cheeseburger and boy did I pay for it! What exactly is silent acid reflux? Im feeling kind of sick right now, im pretty new to this acid reflux stuff, mine started about 2 months ago so Im really freaking out about it. Ive been taking prilosec but its not relieving all of my symptoms, what really bothers me is the constant shortness of breath and burning. I dont know what to do about that. Well keep getting better and keep me updated!

Closed Thread