It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Headaches and sinus pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
    LauraLu
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
    Headaches and sinus pressure

I could really use some help. This pregnancy thing has taken over my entire body and to make matters worse, the sinus congestion and sinus headaches are ruining my life!!! I usually end up with a headache about an hour after waking. My nose is always clogged, and I'm going crazy! I am almost 17 weeks and wondering if any other ladies here feel this way. Maybe it's a sinus infection? I don't want to keep relying on Tylenol to get me through the day, but the pain is just too much! Any ideas?

Last edited by LauraLu; 02-14-2007 at 02:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
    Sherri-Lynne
    Veteran
    (female)

Sherri-Lynne HB User
    Re: Headaches and sinus pressure

I have the same problems. But my headaches come on about 4-5 hrs. into the day. I have been using a tip I found on this board. Put vick vapor rub on you forhead and top of your nose (between the eyebrows). When you get home. I find that it really does help. It makes my eyes water but I can feel my headache get better and the sinus start to clear. It burns a bit (not really burns but hot I guess). But it feels so good after. Hope this helps you, Sherri.

Last edited by Sherri-Lynne; 02-14-2007 at 02:25 PM.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
    <3pink
    (female)

<3pink HB User

Hi
    I have been having the same problems! I just left my 20 week Dr's appt and he gave me a 5 day antibiotic. I'm already feeling better after 2 days. I have been miserable. not being able to breathe at night, headaches, etc.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
    mel-mel
    (female)

mel-mel HB User

There's good news and bad news. The good news is that the sinus pressure will ease up and come and go. The bad news is the stuffiness won't. I have been miserable being stuffy and not being able to breathe and having nose bleeds. I am 38 weeks and my DH says I struggle so at night and now even snore like a freight train and I have never snored before! This last week was really tough for me with sinus pressure and headaches. I just took Tylenol every 4 hours. Vicks rub is a good idea. That might help. Good luck!

Old 02-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #5
    E1979
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

E1979 HB User

I am in the same boat as you. Actually it was me that posted that trick with the vapor rub. It does help a lot, just again be careful not to get it in your eyes. I did that the other day...not fun!!! I have been wondering if maybe I have an infection. When I touch my sinus area around my eyes it feels like I have bruises there. It is very tender and sore. I have a Dr appointment today so I will be bringing this up for sure!

Old 02-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #6
    LauraLu
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Thank you ladies for the great responses. I think the Vicks Vapor Rub sounds like a good trick that I will try. I guess I just wonder how much Tylenol is too much...

Old 02-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
    Blondie527
    (female)

Blondie527 HB User

I have been having the same issue. My doctor told me that I could use Afrin nose spray and Sudafed. They helped a little. I have also been putting a cold compress on my forehead when the headaches get really bad. For some reason, that really makes me feel better!

Hope that everyone starts to feel better soon.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #8
    jstin
    (female)

jstin HB User

I have the same problem as you. I have taken tylenol twice because I just could not deal with the headach. I would try some alternative because that might be too much your taking. I know it is supposed to be safe but I would still be cautious. For the most part I just take a steamy shower and I stretch my neck and vick. Hope you feel better.

14 weeks
    edd 08/19/2007

Closed Thread