It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus and head pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
    n9ne
    (male)

n9ne HB User
    Sinus and head pressure

Can sinuses cause head pressure in your head and cause your ears to feel weird? I've been having pressure in my head for the last week or so. Was just wandering if sinuses can cause this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2007, 05:33 AM   #2
    dustoffkid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
    Re: Sinus and head pressure

Definitely. What you are describing are the classic symptoms of sinusitis.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
    n9ne
    (male)

n9ne HB User

Can u have sinus problems without having like nasel drip and drainage? I just have head pressure and ear sensations.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
    DreamsandWishes
    (female)

DreamsandWishes HB User

Although I don't have an answer for you, I too am suffering from a great deal of sinus and head pressure without any congestion. Do you have any pressure or pain in your eyes, neck or the top of your head as well? I went to an ENT last week, and because he did not see any congestion, he said there was no pressure, and I should just take 800 mg of ibuprofen three times a day. That was after telling him I had previously taken ibuprofen and it was no relief. If you find anything that eases your pain or pressure, please do let me know! Sorry I couldn't be more help, but at least you know you aren't alone.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #5
    furtiva
    (female)

furtiva HB User

sudafed works for me, also warm tea, water and having spicy food. Pretty much anything that can make me sneeze, if I sneeze I feel elevated.. I definitely get worse if I drink coffe or wine...

Has anyone noticed the relation of wheather with the headache? I feel the pressure much more when it's about to rain, and the humidity is up or when eheather changes suddenly.

Last edited by furtiva; 03-21-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
    liver99
    (female)

liver99 HB User

Might want to check to see if your blood presure is high. I have had the same problem and it's worse when my blood pressure is up.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:00 AM   #7
    tdooders1
    (female)

tdooders1 HB User

Hi. I have had sinus pressure for a while now without being congested also. It started last summer around June. I went to a few different doctors and many antibioctics later. Was told had sinus disease after CAT scan and MRI. Also found nodule on thyroid. Had thyroid surgey in November. Week after surgery my dizziness/pressure sinus problems went away. Well they are back again for over a week now. The same dizziness, pressure between the eyes to the point it hurts my eyes. If I put my hand between my eyes and press down it feels better. Once I release its horrible. Ive tried everything over the counter for relief but no luck. Will have to go back ENT doctor to see what he says. Last time he gave me Levaquin and was good for about a week. I think a lot has to do with the weather getting warmer again. Its just so frustrating.

Closed Thread