It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• sinus infection?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
    SentenceDoing
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SentenceDoing HB User
    Question sinus infection?

Hey, everyone,
    For the past week, when I wake up in the morning, my right nostril is very stuffy, and when I blow it, mostly almost-dry, green stuff comes out, with some blood mixed in. Then during the day, I get that creepy crawly feeling in that same side of my nose, like when my membranes swell up when I'm sick and there's a change in pressure (does anyone know what I'm talking about?). Is this a sinus infection? Or could it just be from the dry air? It's been much drier than normal for the past few weeks. They say it's as dry as if we were in Arizona... but this is Connecticut. My sinuses aren't used to such dry air.
    Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: sinus infection?

Sinus infections are characteristically known for yellow green drainage down the back of your throat. A fever of 100.4-101 for 7 - 10 days. Extreme sinus pressure on the eye ridges and in the maxillaries (area to the right and left of the nose just below the eye ridge. Your symptoms seem more indicative of nasal dryness. Try using a saline nasal spray like Simply saline or a nasal oil like Ponaris to give you relief from dryness. Ponaris doesn't require a script, but does normally have to be ordered.

Sincerely,
    MG

Old 04-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
    SentenceDoing
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SentenceDoing HB User
    Re: sinus infection?

Thanks for the info!

Closed Thread