It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Severe fast thin sinus drainage.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-21-2007, 02:11 AM   #1
    Ed2007
    (male)

Ed2007 HB User
    Severe fast thin sinus drainage.

Hi,
    I have been deeling with fast flowing sinus drainage. They fave a constant flow that is able to fill a cup up very rapidly if I don't swallow it. Normal consistency is about that of saliva. Right now it is consistency of water. Whe I say fast flow I mean it. Just diverting the flow around my gums with my toungue and letting it roll out of my mouth it is like turning on a faucet at max volume. This ebs and flows as each sinus cavity empties. Then the vacccum pressure casued by the last flow pull the next on through fast. By the time all 4 sinus cavities hav drained they are all refilled except the one that just drained. It is driving me crazy. To top that off I can't sleep much and now not at all. After this started I did not sleep for 3 days then found that sleeping with my head hanging straight down over the side of the bed. This wold allow it to coagulate and stop for a few hours. Then It breaks open and chokes me for about 2 hours. For the last 2 days though the flow has been so much greater( and just the last hour wattery) the It would not even allow the coagulation so I have go no sleep and am counting on not getting any until something changes. This started with a tooth infection that led to me seeing some yellow puss in my sinus drainage. I was put on Levaquin and Prednisone. This sopped the yellow in the mucus but had no effect on the flow. Last 3 days sinus have been bleeding and I have been throwing the blood and anything else in my stomach up several times a day. No fever or pressure except at the begining.

Update: Now two days of wattery texture( clear with rare white saliva sections in it an runny as water. All of the back four sinus cavitys are felt draining rapidly then filling up again in under 30 seconds since that is all the time it takes to drain all of my sinus cavities completly now (taking total numer of surge releases per hour and dividing by the 4 infected chambers that leaves ~21 seconds to refill if they are each draining in succession or faster if not. ) What could be causing this? I am at my witts end I have seen 2 doctors on 4 occasions with no changes. Also, this is day 13 of this drainage.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated,
    Ed

Last edited by Ed2007; 04-21-2007 at 10:25 AM. Reason: update

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
    lib
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lib HB Userlib HB User
    Re: Severe fast thin sinus drainage.

this sounds like something more, i have no idea but i would also look into spontaneous csf leak, cerebral spinal fluid. a dr can test the liquid to see if thats what it is. i know someone who had this and it was filling up in his ear.
    good luck

Closed Thread