It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• sinus pressure and ear pressure???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
    myasmom05
    (female)

myasmom05 HB User
    sinus pressure and ear pressure???

i've had sinus pressure for a few days now...no drainage my nose is really dry..my throat is alittle sore today and i've been having pressure in my ear on and off...i just started zyrtec..tonight was my second dose...any ideas???? i'm not sure whats going on and i have a very big event on wednesday that i need to be 100% for...any advice will help!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2007, 07:07 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: sinus pressure and ear pressure???

It could be an impacted sinus infection causing ear fluid retention.. it could be just allergies. First try saline spray nasal rinses every four hours. If this seems to help and you are draining oddly colored or think mucus.. start taking decongestant in addition to the anti-histamine and saline spray. Also look into getting a script for Nasanex as well.

If you begin to run a mild fever.. you need to get antibiotics to get rid of the infection.

Sincerely,
    MG

Old 05-18-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
    myasmom05
    (female)

myasmom05 HB User

thanks for the advice...its a clear drainage..but its only in the back of my throat...still nothing from my nose...i was also wondering if my sinuses could be making me kind of heavy headed feeling? i've had colds and stuff just never really to many sinus problems so i'm not sure what to expect..any advice is helpful...it kind of freaks me out lol

Old 05-18-2007, 09:13 AM   #4
    dustoffkid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

...i was also wondering if my sinuses could be making me kind of heavy headed feeling?

Oh, absolutely. Without a doubt. For the longest time, that was my primary complaint. It wasn't until the pain started that I went to the doctor. I'll never wait that long again before getting sinus treatment.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
    myasmom05
    (female)

myasmom05 HB User

thanks for the advice...i take ativan on an as needed basis for anxiety due to the fact that i'm going through an extremely stressful time in my life right now..so i was also wondering if anxiety and stress could cause my sinuses and ears to be even worse than usual?

Old 06-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
    spidercomrade
    (male)

spidercomrade HB User

I've been having similar symptoms. No ear pressure to speak of, but definitely a popping/clicking in my ears when I swallow or move the back of my throat. I also get kind of dazed.

Any ideas?

Closed Thread