It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinuses and ear infection?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2007, 04:48 AM   #1
    lylone
    Veteran
    (female)

lylone HB User
    Sinuses and ear infection?

Hey all,

A few weeks ago, I was having sinus problems and was running a low grade fever so I went to my GP and was given Zythromax. I took the medicine and seem to get better. That was about a month ago. Well its back again, except for the fever, but on Monday my right ear was killing me and of course I have sniffyness and throat congestion. Since I wasn't running a fever, I just went on with my normal daily routine and carried kleenex wherever I go.
    Well this morning I woke up and everytime I burp or yawn, I get this crunchy noise coming from my ear! Should I be worried and call up the 'ol doc again?

Normally, I would just go, but my lovely insurance is a "heath fund" and I am trying not to use it all up before the year is over.

Thanks,
    lyl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
    debmul
    (female)

debmul HB User
    Re: Sinuses and ear infection?

I'd call the doc. I have chronic sinus infections and usually don't have a fever with them. And they're bacterial in nature. You can get in bad shape in a hurry with that stuff. Call the doc

Old 07-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #3
    lylone
    Veteran
    (female)

lylone HB User
    Re: Sinuses and ear infection?

Thanks for the advice, and I did end up calling the doc yesterday and he got me in for an appt. My ear is not infected, its just congestion. He says that it is allergies and since I did run out of Zyrtec, the Claritan wasn't cutting it. He gave me Rhino-cort in a sample and a new script for Zyrtec and Rhino-cort. Insurance won't pay for Rhino-cort, so I will have to call him on Monday for something else and have him rescript it since my mail order pharmacy is picky as crap. The ear crunching is gone and I am feeling better today.

Thanks again,
    lyl

Closed Thread