It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Surgery 3 weeks ago, voice nasaly

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
    MrHoldemFoldem
    (male)

MrHoldemFoldem HB User
    Sinus Surgery 3 weeks ago, voice nasaly

Hi I had sinus surgery 3 weeks ago, it wasnt as bad as i had heard, i had a deviated septum, concha bullosa, closed off sinuses, etc. even had a mucosa seal (PUS FILLED SAC)inside the concha,following weeks alot of rest.i seemed to clear globs of red mess in the following weeks thru my mouth, i feel better now but my voice sounds a bit wierd, kind of nasally in my upper area, wil this go away,doctor says it will taker a while to return to normal from all the surgery work, and to keep on the nasal rinse, let me know if others had this issue with thier voice, Thanks Tim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2007, 06:24 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: Sinus Surgery 3 weeks ago, voice nasaly

I had the full deal sinus roto rooter done as well. It took six weeks for my voice to return to normal and six months for my sinuses to completely heal because I has so much ripped out and many holes punches and cut as well as windows inserted.

Sinuses are a low blood flow area and as a result are a little longer to heal. Were you given ponaris nasal oil to help combat sinus driness? Were you told to use saline nasal sprays? The Ponaris nasal oil and saline nasal sprays are OTC acquisitions and they helped me greatly.

Ponaris nasal oil while OTC is not a commonly stocked item. You may need to get the phamacy you prefer to order it for you, or go on-line after it.

Sincerely,
    MG

Old 07-31-2007, 06:46 AM   #3
    hjjasnell
    (female)

hjjasnell HB User

I had surgery just over a month ago, same deal roto rooter galore. Deviated septum, concha bullosa (w/ pus filled sac), window insertion, they broke down some walls, punched in a few holes, turbinate reduction, you name it. I'm still sounding nasal-y when I talk. But the recovery wasn't as bad as I expected so anything else I can live with. I've been told that the full recovery and healing process is a long one, so even at a month post-op I'm not expecting miracles just yet. Good luck though!

Old 07-31-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
    MrHoldemFoldem
    (male)

MrHoldemFoldem HB User

Yes i was given the ponaris oil but didnt know how long i was supposed to use it, im back on it all the time, i went to see my doc two days ago,he told me to start using "mucinex" to start loosening the mucus and to get it moving, he told me he had cut alot of things inside my sinuses and it will take a while heal, he said he mad things worst for a while to get things better.Swelling of my nasal problems before surgery compared to the swelling caused by just the surgery.I am doing the nasal rinse also two or more times a day, getting less and less gunk from my sinuses everyday

Closed Thread