It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• sinus infection????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
    wvpumpkin
    (female)

wvpumpkin HB User
    sinus infection????

I am having dizziness, lethargy, lack of concentraion, pressure in head/ear etc, feels like my ear is full, every now and then a pain in my ear. Went to healthplus urgent care and he said sinuses, but I don't have runny nose/congestion or sneezing. I have never felt like this before with sinus infection. He put me on zithromax, I started it last night. How long before it starts to help, I am miserable. Thanks for listening and helping

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
    dawnh15
    (female)

dawnh15 HB User
    Smile Re: sinus infection????

hi best for sinus infection is hopi ear its a large candle that draws up all the gunge from sinuses and it clear all hard wax, i have had it done has i suffer from constant sinus infections.it only costs around £15 and you get a facial massage to loosen mucus around the sinus area. i hope this is helpful.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
    wvpumpkin
    (female)

wvpumpkin HB User
    Re: sinus infection????

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dawnh15 View Post
    hi best for sinus infection is hopi ear its a large candle that draws up all the gunge from sinuses and it clear all hard wax, i have had it done has i suffer from constant sinus infections.it only costs around £15 and you get a facial massage to loosen mucus around the sinus area. i hope this is helpful.
    Where do you get this done at???

Old 11-15-2007, 05:48 AM   #4
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

I replied to this in the other sinus infection thread running at this time. But I will repeeat the duration information once again.

If the antibiotic is effectively working on your "Impacted" sinus infection. You should begin to feel relief in 48-72 hours. You are not draining because either your membranes are swollen in the sinuses trapping the infected goo up there or the infection is so thick and dug in.. you need the antibiotics to break it up so it can drain.

Zithromax isn't the best med for a sinus infection, but it isn't the worst. You need the antibiotics to break it up so you can expel it. You also need to help things out by taking a decongestant, drinking lots of fluid. And trying to rinse out our sinuses with a pH balanced saline solution (OTC Pretz is the one my ENT recommends) so that membrane irritation is minimized. Also if this is due to an allergen trigger, a steroidal (Nasonex) and an antihistamine (Astelin) Nasal spray can help as well.

Good luck at kicking this. How much Z-max did the MD give you? Oftimes GP's do not give enough to kill it off, just knock it back. As a result two to three weeks after the end of a 7-10 day antibiotic treatment the sinus infection comes back stronger than ever and resistant to the antibiotics it was exposed to..

Sincerely,
    MG

Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
    wvpumpkin
    (female)

wvpumpkin HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I replied to this in the other sinus infection thread running at this time. But I will repeeat the duration information once again.

If the antibiotic is effectively working on your "Impacted" sinus infection. You should begin to feel relief in 48-72 hours. You are not draining because either your membranes are swollen in the sinuses trapping the infected goo up there or the infection is so thick and dug in.. you need the antibiotics to break it up so it can drain.

Zithromax isn't the best med for a sinus infection, but it isn't the worst. You need the antibiotics to break it up so you can expel it. You also need to help things out by taking a decongestant, drinking lots of fluid. And trying to rinse out our sinuses with a pH balanced saline solution (OTC Pretz is the one my ENT recommends) so that membrane irritation is minimized. Also if this is due to an allergen trigger, a steroidal (Nasonex) and an antihistamine (Astelin) Nasal spray can help as well.

Good luck at kicking this. How much Z-max did the MD give you? Oftimes GP's do not give enough to kill it off, just knock it back. As a result two to three weeks after the end of a 7-10 day antibiotic treatment the sinus infection comes back stronger than ever and resistant to the antibiotics it was exposed to..

Sincerely,
    MG
    Well, i took a dose on Tuesday night, one Wed morning and another this morning. So why is zpack not the best for sinus. I thought it was one of the better antibiotics. The thing I am confused about is that I just generally feel yucky with no energy and the dizziness, But I don't feel congested in my nose, just my head feels heavy and stopped up and my left ear feels full like I am in a barrell. So I am still wondering what is actually going on.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:14 AM   #6
    violet6
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User

WVpumpkin--

Hi! I'm curious to see if your symptoms went away with the meds. I'm also dizzy and am now taking meds (augmentin) for a sinus infection...

Violet

Old 05-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #7
    thewarrior
    (female)

thewarrior HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wvpumpkin View Post
    Well, i took a dose on Tuesday night, one Wed morning and another this morning. So why is zpack not the best for sinus. I thought it was one of the better antibiotics. The thing I am confused about is that I just generally feel yucky with no energy and the dizziness, But I don't feel congested in my nose, just my head feels heavy and stopped up and my left ear feels full like I am in a barrell. So I am still wondering what is actually going on.
    That's exactly how I feel when I have a "Sinus Infection"....except I usually have a headache and my chest feels "heavy".
    Your Sinus cavities (which are in your head - not your nose) are swollen & irritated. You feel "fatigue" because sinusitis effects your lungs. Your ears have fluid in them that's why you feel dizzy. Get a neti pot (I bought mine from Whole Foods) - This will help your nasal cavities & your ears - put 1/4 t. of table salt fill with warm water - do this atleast 2 times a day....blow nose afterwards and you will hear your ears pop (when you do - hold your breath to keep the tubes in your ears open as long as possible - to help drain the fluid). Try taking something like Mucinex D to help drain the sinuses. Or for a natural solution mix 2 T. of ORGANIC Apple Cider Vinegar (must be Organic) in a glass of water or juice and drink this once or twice a day.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:23 PM   #8
    I C Hot
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I C Hot HB User

Hi, I have never heard of doing the ORGANIC Apple Cider Vinegar, what does it do?
    Julie

Old 05-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #9
    thewarrior
    (female)

thewarrior HB User

Please make sure that you use only the natural, organic UNFILTERED variety of apple cider vinegar; the sparkling clear variety will have practically no health benefits.

(I copied this info from some articles I saved):

Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which is very helpful in fighting fungal and bacterial infections.
    How it works
    When you contract a cold, your body's pH factor becomes slightly more alkaline. Apple cider vinegar, which is acidic, helps to rebalance the body's acid level.

Sinus Infection
    In the case of a sinus infection, the apple cider vinegar remedy slows down mucus production and most often eliminates watery eyes because it contains high amounts of potassium. It will rapidly thin the mucous, turning it from thick green or white to clear and runny. Apple cider vinegar contains many vitamins, nutrients and trace elements of copper, iron, silicon, magnesium, phosphorous, and calcium.

For more info just google "apple cider vinegar sinus" or "health benefits of apple cider vinegar"

Old 05-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
    I C Hot
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I C Hot HB User

Thank you for the information. I will do some checking into it, I know my grandma always had apple cider vinegar around for something.
    Julie

Closed Thread