It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• TMJ and sinus issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-24-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
    jennikay
    (female)

jennikay HB User
    Unhappy TMJ and sinus issues

I have been recently diagnosed with TMJ and I have been having the most horrible sinus issues and I was just wondering if anyone else can relate. Sometimes it feels like someone has put a clothes pin over the bridge of my nose and I get all of this pressure and even though my nose may be clear I cannot breathe very well through it. When i take an anti-inflammatory it seems to subside but when it is happening it is very,very frightening. I was just wondering if anyone has ever had this happen to them or can relate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
    loudawg
    (male)

loudawg HB User
    Re: TMJ and sinus issues

Hi jennikay,
    Sinus symptoms are pretty common w/ TMJ. I asked my TMJ dentist and he said that many of his TMJ patients report sinus issues. Do a search on this board for 'sinus' and you'll see plenty of people complaning about sinus symptoms.
    I too have the sinus symptoms... basically when I'm having a flare up, I get congested, have constant sniffling because of a post-nasal drip feeling and a weird sensation at the back of my throat / top of the nasal area that feels like my muscles are moving back there. It sucks.
    From what I've read, TMJ sinus isues aren't really sinus issues but more realted to little muscles that attach both to jaw area and sinus area. When they are in spasm they create sinus-like symptoms.
    -loudawg

Old 11-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
    jennikay
    (female)

jennikay HB User
    Re: TMJ and sinus issues

Thank you very much I will look up sinus on here, you have made me feel so relieved it is so good to know that someone else can relate to what I am going through.

Closed Thread