It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Query on Venous sinus Thrombosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
    snermeti
    (female)

snermeti HB User
    Query on Venous sinus Thrombosis

Dear Sir
    I would like to know abt a case i have come across
    The patient is my bother-in-law.
    In 1998 he had a head ache and had nausiatic feeling when we rushed to hospital after the Ct scan he was diagonised Hemohageic infarct.

then he was put on anti- convulsant treatment (i.e Eptoin ) for four years and the then the tablets was stopped.

he was alright for so many years.

suddenly on 26th of nov 2007 he got convulsion in the morning 9:00 while driving a motorbike he didnt get hurt and was saved by the person sitting behind him

he got next attack on the same day evening 7:00"oclock
    then we shifted him to hospital again as soon as we reached hospital he got one more attack at 10:00 o'clock
    he was there under treament and mean while he got 5 more convultions
    Docs suggested MRI Venogram
    and the reports of MRI and CT Scan is as below

CT SCAN
    The Ct findings are suggestive of gliosis involving left temporal lobe with focal dilation of temporal horn of left lateral ventricle

MRI-VENOGRAM
    Well defined hyperintense lesion is seen in left temporal region on T2WI
    Irregular(18mm X 26mm) hypo intense lesion is seen in left frontal region and appears isointense on T22WI & hyper dense on CT section favoring hemorrhage with edema.
    Brain stem strusctures & cerebellar hemisphere appear normal C-V function appears normal
    Two –D TOF MR Venogram shows almost non-visualization of anterior 2/3 of superior sagittal sinus with poor visualization of left transverse sinus. Inferior sagittal sinus also shows poor flow signal right transverse & sigmoid sinuses appear unremarkable internal veins, vein of galen and straight sinus appear normal.
    Opionion : The MR findings shows left frontal haemorrhage with oedema, represents, haemorrahage venous infarct, secondary to superior sagittal sinus thrombosis.
    Left transverse sinus probably appears hypoplastic.

My brother in law is fine now discharged frm hospital on 6th of dec 2007 and docs have told to take medicines anticoagulant

some medicines like
    valporin
    frisium
    rantec
    folic acid
    warf
    eptoin
    are going on
    He was consious at the time of hospitalization
    and also doc have told tha the'll be ready to work after 10 days of normal rest at home
    i am only worried abt his future life still he is not married he is of 34 yrs
    and what abt the health can it relapse again if yes then again what conditions etc....
    Kindly comment on the same

note:- We have observerd that after the was detected hemoharagic infarct in 1998 he has developed his auditory sense(i.e even if someone wispers inother room he is able to listen)

Thanks
    Warm regards
    Seema N

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread