It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• TMJ disguised as sinus infection???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User
    Unhappy Sinus infection disguised as TMJ?

i had a really bad sinus infection for about 6 months.. I went to a sinus Dr. and they scanned my head which showed my sinuses all full of pus.. after getting the right antibiotic my sinuses now show that they are clear..

However i am still having all of the same symptoms of my sinus infection as i did before.. i realized that some of these are the same as TMJ.. so i'm wondering if i somehow got TMJ during my sinus infection... my sinus Dr. is really clueless as to what is going on with me now, he thinks its allergies but no medication has helped me... my symptoms are:

Pain in my face, jaw and teeth.
    VERY bad headaches
    Dull pain in my neck
    Extremely tired
    Dry, itchy eyes
    green/yellow mucus and blood when blowing nose.
    right side of jaw is very sore most mornings when i wake up
    crunching sound when swallowing or moving jaw (had this for as long as i can remember)
    ears often itch, feel hot or ring
    feeling of mucus or something running down my throat

so my Sinus Dr. tells me i do not have a sinus infection anymore, as does the machine show they are clear.. i think he is wrong and think i still have one somehow.. what do you guys think? should i go to a different doctor and ask about TMJ?

i get these symptoms every single day, for almost a year now.

Last edited by soupyhead; 12-13-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
    pipdog
    Inactive
    (male)

pipdog HB Userpipdog HB User
    Re: Sinus infection disguised as TMJ?

Sounds like you did have a sinus problem but your jaw being sore and the crunchy noise makes me think you have TMD issues. TMD is called 'the great imposter' because the symptoms can mimic so many other conditions.

When I started to get pain in my face I though it must be sinus and even had an operation for a deviated septum. It took a good ENT doctor to say that my sinuses were clear.

It was a chance visit to the dentist who flagged up TMD for me.

Last edited by pipdog; 12-13-2007 at 11:00 PM. Reason: More clarity

Closed Thread