It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Infection?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
    tamarak86
    (female)

tamarak86 HB User
    Sinus Infection?

Hi, I'm a cronic migraine sufferer. Lately I have been waking up with a very different kind of headache. I don't really know how to describe it. The majority of the pain is on the bridge of my nose, then it kind of radiates out toward my eyebrows and behind both of my eyes. It is a very intense pain.I can't find a comfort zone. It almost hurts worse to lay down, but it hurts to open my eyes. I don't have any mucus, but I do have alot of post nasal drip(which I've had for years). I don't know if this is a sinus infection. I know that I should go to the doctor, but I really can't afford to right now. If I knew that this was a sinus infection for sure, then I would go, so that I could get antibiotics. But I don't wan't to go and have him tell me that it's just part of my migraines. Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
    CaringMom
    Veteran
    (female)

CaringMom HB User
    Re: Sinus Infection?

Hard to say whether or not you have a sinus infection, but it sounds like you may have a sinus headache. I'm having one now and I feel like someone's put a knife in the middle of my forehead! Difficult to read sometimes, drainage, fullness in the face around my nose/cheeks.
    Keep a watch on it. You may not have any other choice but to see a doctor if you do develop an infection. I've had a sinus infection before and noticed greenish/yellow mucus when I blew my nose and in the back of my throat from the drainage. By then it took me a good week to get over it!
    For now I'd try sinus meds and see if that helps relieve some of the pressure. I'm waiting for our next cold front/storm to come in tonight! Hopefully I'll be feeling better after it arrives! Seems mine really hits before the weather makes a drastic change.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #3
    tamarak86
    (female)

tamarak86 HB User
    Wink Re: Sinus Infection?

Thanks! I think you might be right. I tried some sudafed PE and it seemed to help some. I would really like to just get through one day without some kind of headache. I'm sorry about your head. I know that they say misery loves company, but not me. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Get better soon! Come on cold front!!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
    mbaxter333
    (female)

mbaxter333 HB User

Oh my gosh, I have the same symptoms. My cold started the week before Christmas. On Christmas day I was worthless, not feeling well at all. Had laryngitis for 2 weeks of that cold. Then starting feeling better. Had this sinus headache for a week, then 1 day of a belly ache, then the next day with 8 hours of severe diarrhea, lost 10 lbs., headache was gone. Feeling like I am starting back all over again, have had the headache for a couple days now. Right between my eyes, on my forehead. Ug! Oh the joys of catching my yearly cold........I can't wait until summer!!!!!

Michelle

Old 01-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
    tamarak86
    (female)

tamarak86 HB User

Michelle, I hear ya girl. I love summer. Sorry about you being sick. Sometimes I just wish that I could get a new head. Heck who am I kidding a whole new body would be nice You just get sick and tired of being sick and tired. Good luck on the headaches. Like I said earlier, Sudafed PE seems to help me alot. Come on Summer!!!!!!!!!
    Tami

Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
    gamimetal
    (female)

gamimetal HB User

I just finished my third perscription for a sinus infection yesterday and still have the headache
    I have had the headache for about a month
    I have tried OTC meds and darvocet.
    The headon helps a little and so does the neti pot but I still have some degree of pain everyday

Old 02-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #7
    tamarak86
    (female)

tamarak86 HB User

gamimetal, sorry to hear about your pain. Did your dr. do xrays or just decide that it was a sinus infection? My brothers dr. just gives out antibiotics like they're candy. My dr. will make me go get xrays to make sure that it really is a sinus infection. Could it be that you need to have your vision checked? Just a thought. Sorry that I wasn't much help. Good luck and God Bless

Old 02-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #8
    tamarak86
    (female)

tamarak86 HB User

gamimetal, Just wanted to say to be careful taking to many antibiotics. I think you could get immune to them.

Last edited by tamarak86; 02-14-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: double post

Closed Thread