It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus and Toothache Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
    IrishPrinces426
    (female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User
    Sinus and Toothache Question

Last week I had a horrible head cold. My nose was very stuffy and my head really congested. I felt like my sinuses were going to explode with the pressure that was in my head and my cheeks. Well the head cold has subsided. I still have a slightly stuffy nose and some sinus pressure, mostly in the morning. I do have discomfort in my top teeth on the side where the congestion was the worse. It is made worse by movement like running and jumping, or if someone runs into me causing me to move. It does not hurt when I eat or brush. It is more of an annoying discomfort than a pain.

I was just wondering if this is something that could be related to the cold I had. Like I said, the bad congestion is gone, but there is still a remnent of it left.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
    HaveaHeart
    (female)

HaveaHeart HB User
    Re: Sinus and Toothache Question

I'm not a doctor or nurse, but supposedly (and with me and most people I talk to) Sinus can cause your teeth to ache like a toothache!

Ive had it where I thought I had an abcessed tooth, but it was my sinuses!

I dont know what you tried for the sinus pressure to begin with, but maybe try some Sudafed w/ Advil for the pressure, which should relieve the toothache too.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
    IrishPrinces426
    (female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User

I thought I had an abcessed tooth too. I haven't really needed to use anything to help relieve the sinus pressure because it is not enough to really bother me. That is why I was concerned about the toothache because the sinus pressure was not as nearly as bad as it was in the beginning of the week. Maybe I should try some Sudafed or something anyway.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
    BioAdoptMom3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

I too once thought I had an abscessed tooth and it was a sinus infection. A course of amoxicillin cleared it right up so you might want to go to the doctor and see about getting on some antibiotics.

Nancy

Closed Thread