It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• visual disturbance from sinus inflammation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
    angela16

visual disturbance from sinus inflammation

after a very bad cold i developed sinus pain on the right side of my face and if i looked down i would see a big, gray, cloudy, oval shaped blur in the eye which lasted about 40 sec. then gradually faded out. this happened three times within 2 months. i then went to my family dr. who had an mri, x-ray, and a cat scan done on my head and sinuses. I only tested positive on the inflammation in my sinuses . i finished 10 days of Augmentin(850 mil.) and it didn't come back for a year. Now i'm experiencing facial pain, teeth pain, eye pain again and also visual cloud only on that eye where the sinus pain is. What should i do and could a sinus infection cause this. I also had colored discharge from my nose and throat. I'm on methotrexate and rimecade (sp) for RA . I was diagnosded in Nov. 2006. Prior to that i hadn't taken or needed an antibiotic for any sinus problems or flus for about 8 yrs. Once again, do you think a sinus problem could cause this kind of visual disturbance?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
    Re: visual disturbance from sinus inflammation

You have another sinus infection. Colored discharge is a dead give away. Get to a Doc or ENT right away. The facial pain and teeth pain are also signs. The roots of your teeth go up into your sinuses and this is why it hurts.

It's important to keep in mind that sinus problems can develop at any time in life, especially if you have allergies or have recently developed them. Any type of drainage or congestion is a PERFECT breeding ground for bacteria, which causes your infection. Also, the more sinus infections you get, the more susceptible you become. At some point, you may need some stronger antibiotic (and maybe for a longer time period) to knock it out.

Good luck and please report back.

Closed Thread