It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Labyrinthitis, Sinusitis, Chest infection, ?glandular fever!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-01-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
    dave210586
    (male)

dave210586 HB User
    Labyrinthitis, Sinusitis, Chest infection, ?glandular fever!!!

hey folks, this is my first post.

Up until 6 weeks ago i was a very fit and healthy 21 year old guy. Then i started getting light headed spells occasionally. I went to the doctors who said my ears were blocked, and he syringed them. The feeling persisted, and 2 weeks later i also started to get intense sinus pressure in my forehead and bridge of my nose, along with tinnitus in my ears. the next week i went back to the gp, who prescribed 7day courses of first amoxicillin then doxycycline, along with dizziness pills. the sinus pressure and light head still persisted and my neck glands started to occasionally swell, making my neck sore and stiff.

i did start to feel better after finishing the antibiotics then this week the sinus pressure is still here, my ears are sore and ringing, my head feels light and im occasionally nauseous causing me to retch, my neck lymph nodes are occasionally swollen to the point of serious discomfort, my throat is sore, my chest is tight and sore, i have muscle aches, i get occasional fever.

i went to the gp yesterday, she said as i have red eardrums, a crackly chest and tender sinuses she suggested labyrinthitis, sinusitis, a chest infection and possibly glandular fever...does this sound likely? do i just have a general virus which has spread and will just run its course? can anyone relate to my symptoms?

another thing, 6 months ago i had a tooth which was close to needing root canal treatment, and was sore two weeks ago but is just tender now. i have pain in my right jaw so i dont know if its coming from the tooth or my ear canal, do u think a tooth abscess could cause all this, or does it all sound like a virus? im going to the dentist for a tooth x-ray next week just to be sure.

another question which puzzles me, for long spells in the day i feel fine,right now i just have muscle aches, feel tired and have slight ear ringing but nothing else, but then the sinus pressure/light head/nausea/fever can come on very suddenly, then after an hour or two will subside again...is this normal???

thanks for reading!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #2
    violet6
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User
    Re: Labyrinthitis, Sinusitis, Chest infection, ?glandular fever!!!

Dave--

Hi! Don't know if we have similar things, but late 2007 I had a root canal. The very next day I was hit by sudden dizziness. This dizziness got worse, with accompanying extreme fatigue, headaches, weird perceptions/depersonalization, etc. Well, at first they thought vestibular neuritis, then they thought migraine. I just found out this week (via CT scan) that I actually have a major sinus infection in the maxillary sinus above the infected tooth. This is common for dental infection to spread this way. I am on 3 weeks of antibiotics, but the doc said after that IV antibiotics or surgery. Well, no one knows if this is causing the dizziness (which is constant and horrible)--it may have a migraine component. Either way, tooth infection must be taken seriously. I would suggest getting not just an X-ray of the tooth, but also a CT scan of your sinuses. You may have infection going on.

Note: tooth pain and fatigue are common with sinus infection, which could in turn result from tooth infection...I'd get that tooth fixed asap.

Keep me posted on how you do. I've been taking meds only 2 days and don't see a change yet.

Good luck!

Violet

Closed Thread