It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• wpw and over active sinus node

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
    nphscorps09
    (male)

nphscorps09 HB User
    wpw and over active sinus node

My name is Evan and I am a 17 year old with an over active sinus node and wpw. I was told my wpw doesnt appear to be causing my problems but I have been unable to maintain a normal life for ten months. I began having fatige, malaise and was unable to even survive a normal day without episodes of palpitations, loss of balance and weakness that would last for anywhere from five to thirty minutes. I was put on a 24 hour recorder holter and a 30 day event holter and was put on (cardiozem?) but was given the cheaper generic diltiazem 240mg cd once daily. after the first week I was removed from it because I was suffering almost every single side effect possible. what can I do to get my life back and complete my last year of High school.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
    laray721
    Inactive
    (female)

laray721 HB User
    Re: wpw and over active sinus node

Hi Evan, What tests did your doctor do? Can you explain what an over active sinus node is, and what is wpw. Thanks Laray

Old 05-16-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
    nphscorps09
    (male)

nphscorps09 HB User

wpw is wolff parkinsons white syndrom, as the heart grows so do the little wires that carry the electrical charge causing your heart to beat. this beat is controled by your sinus node. the overactive sinus node sends the puls to quickly so your pulse is elevated. as the current travels the wires it comes across one or several spots with a little section of the wire splitting off the original.(its not supposed to do that) So the charge gets carried to mor than on spot of my heart at one time. If the charge stays in sync with itself at its ending point as its beggining it wont cause a problem but if one continues ahead of the other it will give me an abnormal arithmia.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
    sam78
    Veteran
    (female)

sam78 HB User

nph there is many many drugs out there to treat wpw other than cardiozem. That drug gave me the worst headaches imaginable. They just need to try you on a different medication. Not treating this will not get your through your final year. You just need to try a different medication like atenolol, metoprolol or an antiarrhythmic.

Closed Thread