It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Swollen Posterior Cervical Node from Cold/Sinus?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
    Donte
    (female)

Donte HB User
    Swollen Posterior Cervical Node from Cold/Sinus?

Hi All,

I posted here a couple of months ago about a painful swollen node on back of my head on the right side (occipital node). At the time when it came up I was not ill in any way nor did I have an infection on my scalp. My doctor was a bit concerned because there was nothing to explain the swollen node. Well, it went away a couple of weeks later after taking high doses of steroids for my back pain I started having.

All has been normal since then - until now - I have had a cold/sinus drainage for about a week and have been on antibiotics for about 4 days (Zithromax). Just this morning I was sitting at my desk and stretching and happened to put my hand on the back of my neck where I noticed a small bump. It is located on the left side about three or four inches from my spine. It is not painful at all.

I feel pretty confident that this is just from my sinus/cold symptoms, but just wanted to get an opinion from anyone who might be familiar with which lymphnodes typically swell with sinus inflammation. I know each set of nodes drain certain parts of the body and the only thing I found on the internet that these nodes commonly swell with is Tuberculosis, lymphoma, and head and neck cancer. Surely, this is not the ONLY things these nodes swell with. I'm thinking that they can swell with infections too and I just wanted to get confirmation of this because I DO NOT plan on seeing my doctor for this unless of course it gets worse/bigger.

I've been back and forth to doctors for my two year old so much lately that the last thing I want to do is go to another doctor. In fact, the antibiotics I'm taking now are a prescription the doctor wrote for me a couple of months ago that I never picked up from the pharmacy, so when I got sick with this sinus thing, I just went and picked it up and started taking it just so I didn't have to go to the doctor again.

If anyone has knowledge of whether or not this sounds like a typical node swelling from sinuses, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread