It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Simply a severe sinus infection?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
    Lizardwoman85
    (female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User
    Exclamation Simply a severe sinus infection?

Here's the story:

Friday I started to feel kinda icky (chills, achy, weak). I didn't think much of it since I am still recovering from a surgery three weeks ago. But then the next day I started feeling congested a bit in my sinuses and my ears hurt a little. I couldn't blow anything out of my nose, but when I did my sinus rinse I got some yellowish mucous out. I decided to go to the doctor and he prescribed me some antibiotics and told me to get some Mucinex D...so I did. I was taking the antibiotics fine and was hopeful things would start to get better in a few days.

Monday things got much worse...I had the most excrutiating headache I've ever had in my life (mind you I get migraines and have had hundreds of sinus infections in the past). It brought me to the floor and I just sat there and shook. It was terrible piercing, throbbing pain in the front of my head. It was so bad I couldn't close my mouth or really move my head around without making it worse. I of course asked my grandmother to drive me to the doctor. When I got there they took my temperature which was 100.8 degrees. I explained to the doctor the symptoms and she told me the same thing...severe sinus infection and maybe some sinusitis and sent me home with Darvocet for the pain.

Well the last couples days I have been so weak it is debilitating. I have been taking multiple breaks at work and whenever I stand from sitting I have to do it slowly...because I feel like I'm going to faint when I stand up....or even just moving quickly I get so lightheaded. Today I noticed a weird buzzing sensation in my head, particularly around the area of my sinuses and also pounding the right side of head so hard that it knocks my hearing out each time it pounds...and about makes me blackout.

Something else I have noticed the last couple days is when I do the sinus rinse I'm getting these strings of blood in with the mucous and the mucous has a peach/pink tint to it. I think the blood is actually coming from my sinuses. I even grabbed a q-tip and felt around inside my nostrils thoroughly and found so bleeding in the nostrils, so I am assuming it has to be from further in...plus it doesn't look like the blood you would get in a bloody nose...very different looking.

Should I be getting a second opinion? This is after 5 days of antibiotics so far.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
    richard1971
    (male)

richard1971 HB User
    Re: Simply a severe sinus infection?

Hi about 6 weeks ago i had a similar headache; i thought my head was going to blow. During that time and to this day i am still light headed especially if i move quick; ive had tinitus in my ears through the pressure, stuffy head, ears totally blocked nose and congested chest (i dont have asthma - well i think i dont) ive had this for 6 solid weeks and cannot rid of it. Its also brough on anxiety which is really getting me down. Ive done the rinses etc, sprays all no good. I dont have any blood signs though, maybe youre blowing to hard?

Old 08-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
    Lizardwoman85
    (female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User
    Re: Simply a severe sinus infection?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by richard1971 View Post
    Hi about 6 weeks ago i had a similar headache; i thought my head was going to blow. During that time and to this day i am still light headed especially if i move quick; ive had tinitus in my ears through the pressure, stuffy head, ears totally blocked nose and congested chest (i dont have asthma - well i think i dont) ive had this for 6 solid weeks and cannot rid of it. Its also brough on anxiety which is really getting me down. Ive done the rinses etc, sprays all no good. I dont have any blood signs though, maybe youre blowing to hard?
    The blood doesn't come out when I blow my nose, it comes out when I flush my sinuses, it just comes out with the saline solution.

Closed Thread