It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• one-sided sinusitis or dental infection?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2008, 07:02 AM   #1
    kafish67
    (female)

kafish67 HB User
    one-sided sinusitis or dental infection?

back in august, i went to my ent with some pressure/pain issues on the left side of my ent. The most prominent of my symptoms is a raw feeling at the back of my throat, soft palate area, on the left side, with an intermitent earache. I should add that i had left tonsil cancer 6 years ago and was radiated pretty heavy. This ent is aware of my history and told me it had nothing to with the diagnosis of chronic sinusitis. At the initial visit, he scoped me and said i looked fine, but sent me for a ct anyway. it came back with complete blockage of my left sinus. I had a the starting of a cold at my appointment, but not alot of congestion. It ended up being a very bad virus that turned into a bacterial infection for which i took antibiotics. it cleared up and felt fine for a couple of weeks and came down with another cold (I have a son in preschool). I started irrigating my sinuses regularly and the mucous was yellow/green, however never had a fever, unlike the last bout. It now is clear, and the cold is clearing up,(im not blowing my nose anymore). i stopped irrigating and started with my flonase bacause i feel swollen(does that make sense?). i still sound congested and i am still coughing. my question is, apart from my history, is it common for someone to have sinusitis on one sided without having a deviated septum or nasal polyps? the dr says i am perfectly symmetrical. he says that the radiation has nothing to do with the sinusitis, that it is common with all the allergens in the air. but why on one side? My only other thought is that i have a tooth that has a crown on the top left that has been causing me problems-sensitive to heat and cold. my dentist finally said it may be my tooth, but xrays dont show infection. i have a referral to an endodontist. any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
    KDD 26
    (female)

KDD 26 HB User
    Re: one-sided sinusitis or dental infection?

Usually when I have sinus problems I only get them on one side, but mine seem to switch sides.

In February I had a bad one that affected the left side. I had horrible pressure in my head, eye, and cheek. My top teeth felt like there was someone sitting on them. Last month I had one on the right side. Same symptoms just a different side.

KDD

Closed Thread