It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Symptoms of Migraine vs. Sinus Problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
    willholl
    (female)

willholl HB User
    Symptoms of Migraine vs. Sinus Problems

Hello,

What are the classic symptoms of a migraine headache? I'm not sure if I have migraine headaches or sinus headaches. Are there any symptoms that lean it towards one or the other?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    willholl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2008, 07:43 AM   #2
    thaele
    Inactive
    (female)

thaele HB User
    Re: Symptoms of Migraine vs. Sinus Problems

Sinus.. you'll feel fullness in your face , mainly where your sinuses are located.. soreness behind/under eyes.. puffiness.. Might feel pressure at the back of your head, where your head and neck meet. Ears may feel full, or have pressure, might even have ear aches..

Migraine very much different.. classic signs.. the auras. You may vomit, have numbness/tingling on one side of your body/impaired vision/hightened sensitivity to noise, light/see "stars".. you're basically incapacitated during one of these. However, some people may not get them AS severe and suffer auras without the headache pain, or also very severe migraine pain without the auras.. I've been lucky (sarcasm) enough to have all of it and then some of it.

With a sinus headache, you aren't going to get the same effects as a migraine, sinus headaches suck and generally you feel sluggish and whatnot, but if you're having a migraine, you will definately know it. I think I'd more so associate sinus headaches with having possibly a runny nose/post nasal drip/stuffed up/etc as a result of a cold/flu/allergies (just as examples) considering if your sinuses were healthy they wouldn't cause those things.. in general when something is causing your sinuses to act up, it's usually going to result in something to do with mucus.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
    dreams in neon
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
    Re: Symptoms of Migraine vs. Sinus Problems

I'm a migraine sufferer (and have been for the past 21 years). Some of the classic symptoms I experience include auras (seeing dark spots, wavy lines or flashing lights in front of my eyes), vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound, neck stiffness and throbbing pain above one of my eyes. Migraine pain often lasts 24-72 hours if left untreated.
    Prozac 40mg
    Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
    Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
    Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Closed Thread