It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• What are the symptoms of sinus polyps?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
    MississippiGirl
    (female)

MississippiGirl HB User
    Question What are the symptoms of sinus polyps?

For the last year or so I have been dealing with my nose being so dry. I don't have any problem breathing thru my nose, it just feels really dry. At night when I go to bed and everything is quiet, if I breathe thru my nose I can hear this whistling sound. It drives me crazy! I use a nasal saline spray which helps but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious. I would go to the Dr. but I'm unemployed right now with no insurance. I would appreciate any feedback!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
    gcsjr
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
    Re: What are the symptoms of sinus polyps?

If you don't have any trouble breathing through your nose it's very unlikely that you have polyps. Typically the first thing people notice with polyps is persistent congestion, decreased sense of smell, and recurrent sinus infections.

You might try using a humidifier at night to help with the dryness - you don't say where you live but it's very common for people to experience some dryness during winter time.

Closed Thread